Enough is enough!

Trying

DH had Crohn's disease and died from a rare and aggressive form of colon cancer that may or may not be associated with his Crohn's.

Middle son was diagnosed with Crohn's disease at 12 and a rare untreatable liver disease associated with a very small percentage of people with IBD

Last night oldest son, who has IBS was in ER for suspected appendicitis but turned out to be infection/inflammation in GI tract and elevated liver enzymes, needs to go back to GI doctor.

Honestly I don't know how much more I can take.  My poor kids (older 2 are actually young adults now) watched their Dad suffer and have to worry that they are following his same horrible health pattern.  I'm cursing the genetics that continue to hurt the people I love.  It's so hard to sound positive and strong for them when I'm really panicked and fighting thoughts of worse case scenario. 

Thanks everyone. We went to the GI doctor yesterday but only saw the PA who ordered more blood work, cultures and and ultrasound. Next week will see the doctor and decide if he needs a colonoscopy and MRI of his liver.  I was able to be calm and encouraging for him but I know he's worried too. After that appointment I had to go to a 4 hour Hospice training inservice. Needless to say I was emotionally spent by the time I got home!

Guest TooSoon

Hi,  I just wanted to lend a voice of support.  It is so hard.  My late husband's family has a loooong history of neurological problems.  My daughter as an infant had a short lived neurological problem and then Scott died of brain cancer.  It is really hard not to think about these things as being connected and/or in some way preordained.  I fight this line of thinking all of the time. 

I wish you all only the best.  If you do ever want an ear, I am a good listener.  Please feel free to reach out - I often feel like you and I have have been having parallel experiences in many ways.  All my love. 

Thanks everyone. We went to the GI doctor yesterday but only saw the PA who ordered more blood work, cultures and and ultrasound. Next week will see the doctor and decide if he needs a colonoscopy and MRI of his liver.  I was able to be calm and encouraging for him but I know he's worried too. After that appointment I had to go to a 4 hour Hospice training inservice. Needless to say I was emotionally spent by the time I got home!

I am so sorry you and your family are going through this, Trying. Please let us know how things go next week.

• 10 months later...