Anything or anyone in the Houston area?

Mac_Encheeze

I need some help. I need someone to talk to. Preferably in my age bracket. I'm 34. And someone who lost their spouse suddenly. My wife just passed on May 31st. She is 31.

I'm open to meet anyone of any form of loss and age group. I just however prefer early to mid thirties. I work shift work, so it's hard sometimes to meet up. But when I'm off it can be for lunch, dinner, or on the weekends.

Thank you.

Hi, Mac.

I have met many people from this forum and its predecessor and there are also folks that I "know" without ever having met them in person.  If someone here resonates with you, send a private message.  If the feeling is mutual, you will have a new friend.

Some people also find other younger widowed folks through local grief support groups, particularly those intended for families.  Even though I did not have children, this was this kind of support group that I found when I was first widowed at age 47.  Most of the people there were younger than me, with several in their 20's and 30's.  You might contact a local hospice organization, too.  They often have grief groups and do not require that you utilized their services in order to attend.  Houston is a big place...lots of people.  There must be something in that city!

Some others have found young widow groups at meetup.com.

I wish you the best.  This road is not easy, but it is possible to find comrades along the way.

Hugs,

Maureen

Guest TooSoon

I'm not in Houston but my best friend is.  I can ask her if she knows any young widows in the area from her church or her kids school.  If you want me to pursue it, please feel free to pm me.  Making connections with other widows both here and in real life has saved me.  I'm happy to try to help out if I can.  Take care. 

• 4 months later...