A Bucket List

rooshy

I don't know if 41 is old enough to make a 'bucket' list but I am making one in my head.  My kids will be off on their own within 4-5 years, and I don't want to sit at home on my couch watching TV. 

I want to:

learn an instrument

travel to the west coast

learn to rock climb

snow ski

date again(?)

maybe take up knitting, too. A friend of mine makes some beautiful blankets through crochet and knitting.

I know that my list will probably change.  Do you have one?

You are 12 years younger than me and I have a bucket list.. sometimes it's so spontaneous that I have to add it to my bucket list to check it off... :P

I have been fired from my job of 24 plus years..

I have started over

I have traveled to Costa Rica and had to get a passport

I went back to CR and spread some of Michael's ashes

I brought pot from Mexico to Costa Rica.. International drug smuggler!

I'm having a lot of fucking fun right now.. memories are what I'm working on!

Love this thread!

Tracy

My bucket list has changed some in the past couple years. I am also 41, but have at least 13 more years of kids at home.

I originally had ideas that I would travel. I want to see more of Canada, where my family originally came from, Quebec, Manitoba & Saskatchewan. I'd also love to go to France someday. I would have lots of uninterrupted researching time for my genealogy habit too. I have worked on and off since high school on learning French, so I'd like to get better at that as well.

But now I have NG, so my new list is to get married in the next year or two. Finish raising the kids, then we'd like to travel, get a camper and take off, or take off on the Harley for long rides wherever we want to go.

Right now I'm happy here though, new house, new dream job, etc. Life is good.

I don't necessarily have a formal bucket list, but I want to travel as much as I can and have fun and interesting experiences.  In the few years that my second husband John and I had together, we did a lot.  We traveled (Italy, Ireland, Peru, Australia, China, much of the US including Alaska and Hawaii), jumped out of a plane, and tried to fly out onto the Great Barrier Reef to snorkel, but the weather didn't cooperate.

I would still like to fly in a helicopter, see more of Canada, spend some time in Europe, and get to the African continent, both in northern Africa and sub-Sahara.  Did I say I love to travel?

I still haven't been to Louisiana...the one US state I have left.

Maybe I do have a bucket list...

Maureen

Guest TooSoon

Shortly after Scott got his death sentence diagnosis, he said to me, "I am really glad I lived out my retirement  already," by which he meant that he - and he really believed this until the last horrific hour - that he'd lived his life to the fullest.  He had his roaring 20s and 30s in San Francisco and then came back to PA and started a career and a family and we traveled - as you know, Maureen - all over the place often with baby M in tow.  I think of him every time Andy and I (and the girls) set off on some adventure, big or small.  I'm living out my retirement now because we all know too well we might not get that chance.  I suspect your John had the same philosophy.  The world is too interesting a place and life too short not to at least *try* to experience as much of it as we can.  You're in such a tough period of transition now - soon you'll be back up and running at your usual intrepid clip of speed.  I have no doubt.  Sending you lots of love.