It is NOT a Facebook moment - Update

Wheelerswife

Tonight is my last night in my house. Tomorrow morning, the movers come and before the day is out, I will be on the road and driving east. Where am I going?  Good question. My property is going into storage and I'm moving into a different level of limbo. I made the commitment to be out of my house by the end of July. I'm renting my house for at least the next year to a young couple who are considering buying it.

But I have not yet landed a job in my new profession and that has been very disappointing. I have options on where to stay and I am pretty adept at living out of a suitcase, but I just want a job and a place to start the next real chapter in my life. I feel like I am between episodes in a made-for-TV series that has gotten pretty stale.

I am just so over being in a rut. But I'm still in it!

So...I'm moving - leaving my home and the world I came to love with my second husband, but I can't announce anything to the world because I haven't managed to complete the next transition. Sigh.

Maureen

Wow Maureen.  That is huge and such a state of flux!!  I'm sorry to hear it hasn't fallen into place yet but I'm sure it will in good time. Doesn't sound to me like that TV series is getting stale, can't wait for the next episode to air.  But in all seriousness, you must feel so out of sorts being in limbo and I hope your path is clear for you soon.  You are one brave lady taking all this on!  Good on you!  I will say I don't think I would have the nerve to do it and you inspire me!!

Safe travels dear Lady!!

Hugs.

Fingers and toes crossed that you find that great job soon so you can start your new chapter.  You have gone through so much to get to this point and it sounds like you are really ready to take this step.  I can only imagine the mix of emotions as you say your final goodbye to the home and life you shared with John.  Tight hugs and best wishes!

My last night in our old home was heartbreaking- remembering all the hope and all the promise of our future together when we moved in, thinking it was the home we'd live in for the rest of our lives. And thinking of how it did turn out to be the rest of his life for him, but can't be for me now. Nothing like moving to drive home the finality of that future dying with him.

But I knew my own future was no longer there. I feel like where I am now is a stop-over, and that's fine for now. It's my base while my kids finish up school, and then I know I'll be looking elsewhere again, for someplace more where I actually want to be. It is what it is.

Feeling for you, and blessings on your journey into your new future. Hoping a nice job where you want to be opens up for you soon!

All the best - such a lot of life transitions for you. It has to be really hard leaving your current place. I know you will land a job in your field...sometimes it takes a while especially with career shifts. I look forward to seeing you again when u r out east.

Guest TooSoon

You are brave and strong. You can do this.

Just remember, you've got friends (me, Adp and Blue14 among others) in our neck (or more accurately, valley) of the northeast.  :)  Thinking of you, pulling for you always.  xo

Well, a week ago I moved out of my house and hit the road heading east.  Like many milestones and anniversaries we face, the anticipation was worse than the actual day itself and I have definitely felt some relief that I have let this door close behind me.  I am temporarily at my parents' home, awaiting arrival of my property, which I will sort again and place in storage here.  That will take just over another week.  I'm continuing the job search, hoping that my Plan A will come to fruition.  In the mean time, I'm trying to wait things out here.  I feel like I have chaperones and I'm trying to negotiate how to live under these circumstances.  I'm hoping to get a call about an interview in the next couple of days.  If not, I will hit the road and travel a bit.

I can't sit still.  I just wish the right job would appear and I could move into my own place and I could get back in the game.

Maureen