Grief Sucks

10 months along and I think I'm learning how to deal, then bam! Everything comes crashing down. I feel like I've fallen right down that dark hole again and I'm not sure I have enough strength left to climb back out. I miss him so much and this pain is absolutely unbearable. Grief sucks!

I've found grief rather cycles back and forth - almost 1 step forward but 2 steps back, at times. You feel better and then something, any small thing only you would notice can drop you down again and seem to stop any progress you were making. Keep climbing - it sucks and it's definitely frustrating. Hugs for you today.

At exactly ten months I felt awful and did crazy stuff. But then suddenly things changed at one year mark. Since then it has been a lot easier. I still have bouts of despair and deep sadness, but more rarely and less intensive. All in all, I am almost ok most of the time, here at 14 months. Almost ok is not totally fine, but it feels fabulous all the same.

So hang on. Someone here said that it gets worse until it gets better. I counted on that scentence and it turned out so true.

I honestly don't believe the intensity of the pain for the loss ever truly goes away. But what does start to happen is how long it impacts you and how long you're down and out because of it gets shorter and shorter. I can honestly tell you I have more good moments than bad now and I'm only about a year and a month out. But again everybody's pace is different and I've been working very hard to deal with my grief and get the support I need to be able to get where I am today. But I still have moments. A song, a smell, the sound of his voice in a video I accidentally come across. Finding something that was so insignificant when he was here and yet means everything to me now that he's gone. It can still bring me to my knees and make it feel like my heart is going to come out of my chest. But rather than taking me out for a whole week maybe it only takes me out for a couple of hours or maybe just for a moment. You get stronger as time goes on and are able to pick yourself up more and more. It's like exercising a muscle so don't give up. It is true that it does get worse before it gets better cuz you have to feel it to move through it and at first you really feel nothing at all. Don't judge yourself too much for feeling like you're running backwards. This is not a linear process and sometimes you'll go up, down, left, right and anywhere in between. We are all here for each other and I am so blessed to have found such a place to get the support that I needed. I hope you find comfort in these boards as well. KK