New Relationships....Post a Pic

lcoxwell

When I was in my early weeks and months, I found that looking ahead in the social section and reading about others, who had found love again, gave me hope for a brighter future.  So, for those who have been fortunate enough to find a new love, whether you are married, engaged, or dating, share your happiness and post a pic here. I will start with a picture of me and my new guy.

1413499848_zps99bb5384.jpg

• Like 1

lcoxwell, thank you for starting this thread.

As a result of our regular posting on the old YWBB and attending local widowbagos, Bluebird and I met for the first time in 2010. And quite unexpectedly, we immediately fell in love. Three years later we were married in the presence of family and friends, including several dozen fellow members of that board. Here is our formal wedding photo.

--- WifeLess

IMG_5063.JPG

Let's see if this works!  This is The Bachelor (from the old board) and me on our wedding day almost exactly 4 years ago.  We "met" and began chatting on the old board, and finally met for real at a bago.

We got married at the top of the lighthouse in the background (at Tybee Island, GA, outside of Savannah).

The picture quality could not be worse, but here's me and my NG.  We don't have many pictures together.

We'll presumably have a few more after summer 2016, when I give this "being married" thing another shot :)

me%2Band%2Bmike%2B2.jpg

Guest nonesuch

Here's a picture of Flavor of the Month and I at a wedding.  The little chalkboard says, "Flavor and me" because my sarcasm irked the groom.

Let me explain.  We met in January 2013 and started dating regularly. There wasn't a lot of discussion about where we were in the relationship. We got on well and weren't seeing anyone else.  Flavor was a stalwart friend, texting each day and phoning each night while my mother spent two and a half weeks dying in the ICU only eight weeks after we met.  He drove to my house and fed my cats during this time when I was between pet-sitters, and he doesn't much like cats. He was there for me when I got home the night she died.  He introduced me to his friends and family.  The one thing he didn't do was introduce me as his girlfriend.  it was always, "This is um, Nonesuch."

This bothered me, but really not much, because when he was with me things were great.  When he wasn't with me he was calling and texting and asking when we'd see one another again.  The "Flavor of the Month" was a joke he understood and got.  it was something my colleagues understood.  When groom came to have his suit fitted for the wedding, he asked if I was coming to the rehearsal dinner. I was, I said, but Flavor of the Month has to work.  Groom, who was working on his graduate degree, (and thus knew everything) sighed and said, "Really, Nonesuch, sarcasm is just veiled hostility."

I recounted this conversation to Flavor that evening. He laughed heartily, and between laughs said, "Your friend fancies himself a psychologist!" In fact, Groom does work in the mental health arena.

flavorandme

• 2 weeks later...

I have fallen in love again with an amazing man who loves me completely, adores my 3 kids and happens to be my DH's youngest brother. We are getting married September 4, 2015.

Iphone%206%20Jan%202015%20597_zpsl39oaed1.jpg

Whoa!  Wait till the kids have to make family trees in school!!  ;D

Seriously, this is awesome!  I'd love to hear the story of how this developed, how the family (families) reacted.  Was everyone cool with it from the beginning? 

Mokie, you may be able to read the whole story some day when I finish my memoir. :) It's honestly like a tragic love story with a twisted happy ending.

I'm sure!  And I'll be watching for it!

Seriously, in some families this would make total sense.  Who else would have the same values and wonderful character as your husband, than his brother?  (With my new husband, not so much.  His brother couldn't be farther from him in values, humor, character, work ethic, views... everything!  I don't know how two brothers so different were raised by the same parents.)

• 1 month later...