Always one more thing

Guest oneoftwo

Guest oneoftwo

Our kids are dual citizens, I finally have started the process for our youngest child- he heads away to uni soon and I know his Dad wants him to have his second passport. So I've done some of the paperwork

But...

it means I have to dig through and find my husbands birth certificate, our wedding certificate, and his death certificate. And pack them up and mail them away.

I'm really balking at this- it makes me sick to my stomach to think of looking at that again (and I have to - to make sure I send the right documents) it seems insurmountable that I have to look at these documents again.

So, it's been a long time coming, and maybe this afternoon I can handle it.

It's just never ending really

After 4 years I recently had to get the death certificate out again, it sucks every time.  Back to school time here and filling out the damn forms, "father's name" still sucks every time too.  It's important to me that the school knows he's not a dead beat dad, he's just dead.

oneoftwo, you have the harder case, doing it on behalf of him.  I know it's hard to deal with Those Documents.  I am the non-native, so I filed for their Canadian passports with just my documents.

Does it help if you reflect that this is a final thing he can do for his son, but that he needs your help?

Take care,

Rob T

Guest oneoftwo

Thanks guys,

I still haven't dealt with this, my latest excuse is that it's already too late for it to get there on a work day, so I may as well wait till Monday. I think I can muster strength/mental fortitude between now and then to get the stuff in an envelope.

But I did make some calls about some details that needed doing.

I get nauseous even thinking about that piece of paper-

the coroner was kind and omitted a lot, but there is enough there that I've read once, and caused complete break down -

I know I'm wasting more energy thinking about it than I will in getting it done, but that seems to be my MO these days