Connecticut Winery Bago Sunday, September 24th

Wheelerswife

Hello, all.

As is my typical modus operandi, I have decided with a week's notice to travel to Connecticut to commemorate the 8th anniversary of my first husband's death, to visit some of his family, and also visit some of my friends (i.e. wid friends).  I have checked in with a few people and we have settled on a bago on Sunday, September 24th at Gouviea Vineyards in Wallingford, CT.

This location has been a tradition for bagos for longer than I have been a widow.  This bago, as always, is open to anyone from newbies to seasoned widows and widowers.  The group from this bago was there for me 6 weeks after my first husband died and I was at this location for a bago the day my second husband died unexpectedly.  I can't say enough for all the people who have attended bagos at this location for years.

For those who have never been to a winery bago here, let me explain our traditions.  There is a large building at the winery with tables and chairs.  We typically arrive starting at about noon and stay until whenever...4:00 to 5:30ish.  Arrive when you can, stay as long as you are comfortable.  This is a pot luck affair.  Each of us brings some type of food to share - often things eaten easily with the fingers.  We don't try to plan for who is bringing what dish or snack.  If everyone brings peanuts, we eat peanuts!  This has never been a problem for us.  We do have a professional chocolate supplier in the group.  Prepare to be spoiled by chocolate truffles.  We are not allowed to bring any beverages to the winery.  Wine, soda, water and ?coffee? are available for purchase.  Although this is a winery, the bago is not a drinkfest.  Some people will enjoy wine, while others will choose not to drink any alcohol.  We are there to enjoy each other's company.

People have come to this bago from several New England and Middle Atlantic states.  If this location is within your travel range, please feel free to attend. Feel free to PM me and I can give you more details.  I can give you my phone number and we can watch for you when you arrive and welcome you into the group.  Come and meet a few others and make new friends. 

You can check out the winery at this link:

http://www.gouveiavineyards.com/

I hope to see y'all there!

Maureen

Well...I guess I have to go now! Lol

Hope to see many of you there. If you've never been to one please consider coming. I remember my first bago's, I was nervous and not sure what the heck I was doing meeting up with these people I barely knew over the internet. Turned out to be one of the best post widowhood decisions I have made. I've been hooked since!

Ginger,

It seems it is easier if someone arrives at about noon. I will be there then. I know that DonnaP and MrDrew will probably be later, as they are coming from another event in New Hampshire.

I hope that anyone who might live nearby will consider coming.

Feel free to PM me!

Maureen

As always, it is good to get together with fellow wids. It was a beautiful day and although the winery was crowded and noisy because of harvest today, I'm glad we were able to get together!  It is hard to believe that I met some of you just weeks after Barry died in 2009 and many of you had met John. We didn't have anyone new today, but I hope in the future that new folks will join us.

I'm sorry I have to pass on next week's hike in New Hampshire, but maybe next time!

Hugs, Maureen