One good thing/One thing I'm thankful for

JeanGenie

Yes, I know we have a topic called "Three good things" but sometimes it is difficult to come up with three things. So in the spirit of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday and with the hopes of inspiring folks to post, I thought I'd start this thread. Can you come up with one good thing or one thing you're thankful for each day through at least Thanksgiving (which is Thursday, Nov 23)? Let's give it a try!  If I see lots of views and no posts, I'll be bummed since everyone can play along no matter where you are on this journey.

I'll start...

I'm thankful for the very close friends I've made as a result of this board and that they were there to help me out of my funk this past week. Life is looking better today.

Okay, who's next?

My younger son Andrew is home from college. Last night Andrew, Christopher and I were playing a new board game, listening to "classic" 90s rock, and all laughing. Andrew just came out and commented on how happy he was feeling. Which is such a blessing considering less than a year ago I was concerned he would not be able to graduate at all because of how hard grief was making it for him to finish up his last semester of high school. 

One good thing:  one of the refugees from Eritrea who stayed with us when he arrived in the US last December is coming home from the residential school he attends to spend his first Thanksgiving in America with Andy, M and me.  He is doing so well and I can't wait to share the holiday with him and celebrate.  It will also be the first Thanksgiving Andy, M and I have ever spent together.  Grateful, excited and is it too early to start cooking?! 

Since I started this, I guess I need to keep it up and try to post something daily at least through Thanksgiving...

Today, I'm thankful the power outage in our neighborhood lasted only a few hours and the tree that came down wasn't in my yard since I always whine how everything seems to happen to me.  I'm reminded that is not always the case as I drive by their house and they now have a downed tree in their front yard that needs to be dealt with.

Spent a few hours tonight walking along the river downtown listening to music from our past and remembering all of the good times. Started to get maudlin then received a call from the lady I meet this past week. Spent an hour talking to her and I realized my LW would be happy for me. Waiting now at a bar to meet my kids for dinner. So I guess my good thing today is, I have been loved. I am loved. And I will be loved.

My gorgeous 6 year old son - I'm so thankful he is in my life. He has taught me a lot, we are very close and I'm thankful that he has helped keep me going. My favorite part of a day is coming home to see him. I'm also very thankful for his nanny who has been with us since my son was 1 year old - she has helped me so much with my son and just keeping things going. I'm so thankful for that support and help.

My son and that he'll be coming home this evening and will stay through Sunday. Like Captains wife, we are very close and he has helped keep me going as well. Although he's an adult living on his own, I cherish the time we get together and the fact that we truly "like" each other and, like my husband, we can usually read each other's minds!