New Year's Rocket Ship -- Hop On!

babymoose

1-Rocket-Front.jpg

Four years ago I was facing my first new year without him and was two months into membership in this horrible club.

I've never posted on this forum, but the predecessor to this board, the ywbb, saved my life on more than one occasion.  That New Year's was one.

Another lovely wid started a cardboard rocket ship thread, and off we went, visiting lots of places, eating lots of yummy things, playing lots of music, drinking lots of alcohol, and wearing ridiculous outfits, such as the tin foil cocktail dress.  It somehow made it all more bearable, and made me feel not as alone.

I thought about that last night, and realized...

NOW THE ROCKET MUST FLY AGAIN!  HOP ON!  WHERE TO FIRST?

Hellooooooo!

It's been ages since I've been here, except for the other night when I needed it, then read what I'd written and felt bad...I should be better by now!!  But it's about to turn 2018 and all of this started November 2008 and it seems like another turn around the sun, somehow.  Anyway, after feeling guilty for posting not at my best, I deleted my account.  Then came here and saw this post and it reminded me of bigger and better things than what I'm feeling at the moment;  I remember that night! And the New Years preceding it.  My little guy had a cardboard rocket ship in the living room one particularly difficult night and it sparked an idea...

So, nine years later, and heading into the first new decade since everything, which is apparently a big milestone, somehow, I would most humbly (and bumbly...thanks typo) ask that you pick me up on Good Ol' Vancouver Island, BC.  I don't have anything made of tinfoil, but I know my way around a roll of duct tape and can probably figure out something...

Thanks Admin, for adding me so quickly.  Sometimes, you just need to be home for the holidays.

-L.

Hot damn, it's you!  The original rocket ship queen!  :D

I will never forget that ride, and can never thank you enough for it. <3 <3 <3

I'm sad that it vanished with the YWBB, but hell, we'll make a new one.  And seeing as I'm just a couple hundred miles from you in WA state, the rocket ship will soon be there!

Maybe it's a good sign there isn't a line-up...  :)  Thank you for starting this thread tonight.  Today was really hard, in a way I haven't felt for a long time, and it is good to know some things haven't changed.  <3

True, I'm glad there's not a line up.  Then again, I hope someone is holding those wids tight tonight somewhere else.

I'm sorry today was hard.  And I'm glad you caught the ship.  'Cause see, YOU really started the thread.  Maybe you needed to be reminded of your own awesomeness.  :)

:) I needed to be reminded of something, today and this week, and I didn't know what it was until this evening.  I needed to be reminded that there is a greater good, and no matter what we are dealing with, there is simply, always a way to contribute.  So thank you so very, very much for that.