The Widda Bistro and Bar & Grill is open for business!!

mokie

I had a couple of requests to re-open the "Bistro".  For those who weren't around, this was a fun thread we kept going... Oh, back around 2008-2011 maybe.  Virtual Bistro, coffee, treats, pretty umbrella drinks, everyone's favorite food served.  The fire is always going, the weather is always perfect, and all problems can be left at the door.

So anyone who's interested, we're back open for business.  Who want's to pull up the first barstool?  I have to admit, I'm no good at mixing drinks, so I can serve you anything that comes straight out of a bottle or can... Otherwise, feel free to hop the bar and start mixing.  I'm enjoying a glass of wine right now... My feet are propped up by the fire, and I've brought my kitty Bo along if anyone needs some snuggling.  Be careful though... Bo is a master at knocking things off any table, so keep ahold of your drinks!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest marian1953

Hi Guys!

Well, I will bring by Rua, aka Boo-boos-my red point Siamese- he is ten today, so would like some smoked salmon, please. Louie is my rescue dog, but he likes girls, and is kept in line by Boo-boos. I would love a cappuccino with brown sugar, whole milk-thanks!

Okay, all orders are coming up... And all fur-babies are welcome!

Okay, so Maureen is writing a paper.  She can have the table over there in the corner to work, so we still get the pleasure of her company.  What is everyone else up to today?  The Bachelor and I have been doing some spring cleaning, and listing for sale some things we've just had taking up room in the closets or attic.  He's ahead of me right now with one sale at $25.

We should probably check in some of the bistro closets... Who knows what we have stuffed in there???

Guest marian1953

Well, I am back- poor Boo-boos puked into Mike's old shoes. I was really happy for a moment that I could finally throw away his "slippers" but he hosed them out. It doesn't seem to bother the man that the homeless were better shoed until I took him in hand. He can't let these go though. I am going through more "stuff" to donate- how are you guys selling stuff? craigslist?

I'll take one of whatever is on special, please.  As part of my efforts toward the minimalist challenge, I sold DH's 35mm camera today.  I had no interest in "real" photography (I just point and click the cellphone  when needed, lol), so it seems kinda silly after all these 5+ years that I felt a little pang when I handed it over to the buyer this afternoon.  (a very appreciative college Photography student)  Crazy how these moments hit when you least expect it.  Sigh! 

Do you like fruity little umbrella drinks?  I can probably mix up something pretty... Not sure how it will taste.  We have lots of umbrellas though.  ;D

Yeah, getting rid of that stuff that we don't really need, but have emotional attachments to, is really hard... No matter how much we tell ourselves it shouldn't matter.

Damn, I meant: call me a cab!!

Lol.

But thanks for obliging my odd request to be called a can. And after imbibing, I probably won't give two shits what I'm called.

Or even remember.

Baylee

Dang... someone took my punch line!!  Oh well, tell ya what... Y'all just hop behind the bar and help yourself.  Umbrellas are on the house.  Anyone want me to change the channel off of Dancing with the Stars?  I like to imagine I could dance all of the "stars" off the floor.  Although I'd like to do a body-swap with Rumer Willis.  :-\

And Mancino... Can you bring the sequin trimmed leotard with the gold fringe skirt, and the unicycle, to the Bistro?  I think maybe we could have fun with those.  :D

You bet!  Shall I add in the poodle skirt and saddle shoes costume I also found?    ;D 

And Mancino... Can you bring the sequin trimmed leotard with the gold fringe skirt, and the unicycle, to the Bistro?  I think maybe we could have fun with those.  :D

You bet!  Shall I add in the poodle skirt and saddle shoes costume I also found?    ;D

Oh that would be awesome!!  We could do our own Dancing with the Wids.

Guest TooSoon

Scott collected fezzes (think Shriners), some of which are fabulously festooned with sequins.  Talk about a niche hobby. 

I will plan to bring those in case anyone is so moved and all of my grading - everyone in the Bistro has to grade at least one test or "essay"!  Drinking while grading is, of course, highly encouraged. 

Scott collected fezzes (think Shriners), some of which are fabulously festooned with sequins.  Talk about a niche hobby. 

I will plan to bring those in case anyone is so moved and all of my grading - everyone in the Bistro has to grade at least one test or "essay"!  Drinking while grading is, of course, highly encouraged.

Oh, I'm an old pro at grading.  Having given up my red pen (actually, I preferred green... didn't seem so harsh) a few years ago, I may be a little out of practice, but with another glass of wine, and a sequined Shriners cap, I can probably jump right back on that horse.

Is that an open mike in the corner?  My other musical outlet has dried up kind of a lot at the moment.

For a drink, I could go for a good tequila sunrise - I regret I bought the cheap orange liqueur last time.

Take care,

Rob T

Ooh, a Mojito I can do... AND a tequila sunrise, with the good stuff.  Then I'm going to have to turn in my green pen and start again tomorrow.  I'm fading fast.  It was hard work getting the Bistro to look acceptable again.  Just don't look under that stack of blankets in the corner.

Someone take over the drink slinging for me till tomorrow.

Oh, can I keep my sequined Shriner hat?  I've become attached to it. ;D

And yes Rob, you can entertain the rest of the wids here at the mike.  Sing away!  Do you take requests?

Later gators!!  Last one out, turn out the lights.

I think a full half of my 2200+ posts at YWBB came from the good ole Bistro! *glances around* The place is looking good! Hey, wait. It's just missing something.

*rustles around in the closet*

HA!

*hangs the disco ball*

Perfect.

I think I'll go whip up a mudslide and join Moke by the fire.

kmouse...fan of all things sparkly

Guest marian1953

My God, you have fezzes? I have several complete turn of the century shriners robes, saves, fezzes and all. I always knew there was a reason I liked you, Toosoon. The perfect party outfit back in my day.

Guest marian1953

oh, and throw a few papers my way! I miss my students and I am a great multi-tasker. Just explain your grading policy and I will grade away!

Guest TooSoon

Marian!  How can it be?  I thought Scott was the only one to collect such things......(warning: if you are susceptible to the fez, do not visit shopgoodwill.com)  I've got a good half dozen fezzes, several sweet, shiny vintage smoking jackets (for the men), a ventriloquist dummy from the 70s, and a boat load of vintage cocktail dresses.  I think we're set to grade in style!