The Widda Bistro and Bar & Grill is open for business!!

mokie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mokie, the party must of moved elsewhere but it's fine, over the past 4 years drinking only is acceptable to me ;-)

Whoever does the ordering might want to add tequila to the list... And double last weeks order!

:-)

My kindness is being mistaken for widda weakness by a drama queen, and on top of that somehow I managed to spraining my back last week... Well um maybe I'll switch to that chocolate beer stuff I bought last week. Sounds awful but tasty stuff it sure is!

I've heard of this chocolate beer... the people who I know that have tried it say it's amazing!  We'll get some of that on order, along with lots of tequila labeled "Sandi".  I'll stick with my very uncool white zin... Unless I decide to get creative and mix some fruity umbrella drinks.

Isn't it awful when someone assumes you're weak, when you're trying to be nice?  I've had that happen too... And it's maddening!  That's when I figure out how that person can disappear from my life... Or at least my sight.

Ignore the mess in the corner.  I've been trying to sort through all the mountains of stuff I've had stored in my attic for ages.  I told myself at one time they were memories, but if I never look at them, then I guess the memories are all in my head... And why do I need them?  So slowly I am whittling stuff down.  But in the meantime, watch out for the piles of junk... They are all going somewhere... Someday!

Thanks Mokie and yes, you have to try the chocolate beer!

A dear friend of mine has apparently stepped in after she heard from the drama queen this afternoon and she was saying negative things about me. (At church no less) Amazing! She also blocked me now on FB because she says I'm monitoring her whereabouts. Yah right, like I care. I wrote her on FB PM to ask her to quit ignoring me and tell me when I can cash the check. Such a super stalker I am, huh! She owed me over $1,000 wrote a check and then sent me a message I can't cash it but she'll let me know when. Yah right! Pretty shady! I've asked Chuck, my DH to handle it. Hoping...

Hoo boy.  What a piece of work.  I wouldn't hold my breath on cashing that check, if I were you.

Hope everyone had a good Easter.  Ours was pretty quiet.  Hey, is that an Easter egg I see hiding in the corner over there?  Did the bunny leave us some goodies we forgot to look for yesterday?

I'm trying to clean up the house for Bunco here later this week.  We've been sorting bins from the attic the last few days, and now it's time to clean up the mess.  Those Bunco ladies will probably look in every nook and cranny!  The dogs could help by not shedding anymore between now and then... And it would be nice if the weather would warm up before Thursday so the Redneck could quit hauling wood in through my kitchen.  Since we got 3 inches of snow this morning, I'm guessing a warm-up is not in the forecast.  :P  Talked to my son today, and he said it's 87 there, and his little boy was playing in puddles from watering the garden.  He has his garden in already!!!  I'm at LEAST a month away from that!

It's always nice at the Bistro!!

Yep, I'm missing me some Kansas spring weather right now.  87 is about as hot as it got here all summer last year. 

Anybody up for some drinks?  I've got my usual wine going.  I'm not ready for any cinnamon whiskey today... One glass of it (along with a few other concoctions) was enough yesterday... But I'll share the cinnamon whiskey, if anyone is interested.

Guest TooSoon

Just arrived in the Bistro with another giant pile of papers to grade; if you're feeling like you need to take it out on someone, I can give you a short stack and a red pen and you can have at it. 

There is also a dead mouse on my porch and I simply cannot deal so I thought I'd pop in here because there are no dead mice to contend with in the Bistro, right?    :-\

Hey gang!  I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, getting the house picked up for a 12-person Bunco game here.  We'd made a mess of things, sorting through tubs from the attic, but the Redneck did a good job of helping me get things picked up, and then keeping himself and the dogs out of the house while everyone is here.

What's everyone drinking tonight?  I know Maureen won't be around.  She's off with smart people tonight.  ;D

Ooh, I have leftovers from Bunco that I've brought to the Bistro.  BBQ pulled pork, cole slaw, veggie pizza, chips and salsa, and cupcakes.  Help yourselves!!

I'm constantly trying to show these Michigan peeps how to do barbecue.  ;D

Wait till it warms up enough for me to do some baby back ribs!!  (Gawd... Will it EVER warm up here??  I was duped, my first Michigan spring, 4 years ago... Warmed up really nicely, stayed in the 70's in April and May, 80's most of the summer... It was all a trick!).

I'll take one of those margaritas.  Earlier today, I was with some fellow retired coworkers and asked one guy about his wife, who had taken the early retirement at the same time I did a few years ago.  Turns out she died the year after retirement (!) and I had never heard about it.  I was a little taken aback when his response to my "I'm so sorry" was to chuckle and say "Why? It wasn't your fault."  ???    (In my defense, he had been talking about his wife; I assumed it was the one I knew but come to find out, he was already remarried.)  I know we all handle grief differently, but I just found that response a little odd.  Oh, well...

Yeah, that was kind of an odd response... But also sounds like something I'd say if I was in a really sassy mood.  :P  Like when a co-worker commented on my loss of weight about 4 or 5 months after his death, right in front of a group of other co-workers... I just blurted out, "I don't recommend the method."  I felt really bad afterwards, but it was already out.  I'm usually better at filtering my words, to the point of sometimes wishing I HAD blurted out my first thought.

Coming up!  I'm having my usual White Zin.  Anyone know why it's called "White" Zinfindel, when it's not even white, it's pink??

Anyone want to try my Davy Crockett Cinnamon Whiskey, straight from Tennessee?  It'll give you a burn!!

Glass of malbec here...ok, second glass...

Dinner was a Haitian pumpkin soup.  Made it as a request for an oncology patient who's not doing well & his family. The recipe made a ton if you are in the area stop by - tastes good to me (although couldn't tell you if it tastes like it's supposed to)!

Hey ManutesGirl!!  The soup sounds good enough to try... Scoop me up a bowl!  And Mancino, you're right!!  That does sound good.  I usually make my grandmother's warm cider with red hots in it, but the cinnamon whiskey instead of the red hots sounds amazing!!

Actually, it sounds good with the pumpkin soup!  Who's in?

Guest TooSoon

I've got the Malbec going too, per typical Friday night (and red pen; will it ever end?).  What sort of music is playing in the Bistro tonight?  Maybe Eddie Vedder will show up and serenade us.  Yum!