The Widda Bistro and Bar & Grill is open for business!!

mokie

My birthday today...and I went to a Hunger Banquet tonight.  We were given a slip of paper when we arrived with a character on it...that determined what we would get for dinner based on what that person could afford.  I had a scoop of rice with a few beans and water for my birthday dinner.  The "lucky" people got a 4 course meal.  Some others, a couple slices of pizza.  No birthday cake for me today, either.  What can I get for a drink tonight on an empty stomach?

Maureen

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maureen, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I make you a fabulous fruity rum punch if you want. I toast to you, to your health above all and that joy finds its way back into your life somehow, some time. Big birthday hug. Where is the doggie, we can get something for her too, think there are some chewables somewhere here....

I can also cook you up something, just got some Pak choi, ginger, rice, garlic, soy sauce, couple of shrimps and the this and that to fry and ....here we go.

your punch is coming, unless you would like something else!

Purple Rain.... On my mind all day!  :o

Must play it once so it stops... But will it? Last week another song was stuck but all I could remember was the beat and a "sea monster"! I googled and tried different lyrics, etc.... I finally figured it out and there had nothing to do with sea monsters.

No alcohol was involved, believe it or not!

Next!

Oh goodness... I ALWAYS have a song stuck in my head, every day.  I sometimes think I should post my "song of the day" on facebook.  Maybe that would get rid of it.  Today it's a song the redneck has been practicing to sing in church with his guitar.  It's a fun song, but it's been in my head for days now!!

Usually when a song gets stuck in my head, it runs with about half of the correct words, and my brain inserts other random words in the place of the ones it doesn't know.  ???

Happy Birthday Maureen! Somehow I never saw those above me... Hmmm.... Must've been all the "purple rain". Someone you were with should have given you the 4 course dinner! My gf from back home spent most of the week with me and we ended up eating out a few times. This cute place in Boulder, has me looked up recipes to try that I've never attempted. Anyone know a good recipe for red Snapper? I had a red snapper taco & it was fabulous!

Manico- I'll have to look it up again, something about rivers? I think - I follow rivers. Anyways, I wanted to play purple rain last night and my guy was like do we have to?! He had quite the displeased look on his face... So I'll save it for my car ! lol DH would have not wanted it either!

Guest tableforone

Maureen that is unacceptable for your birthday. I would have made you hot fudge brownie sundaes with warm chocolate pudding on top. And you could cuddle Mickey. He likes to spread his love around. Disclaimer for others: Mickey is my dog. He has a thing for Maureen.

Tonight I am going to my favorite restaurant with one of my best friends since the third grade. It is within walking distance of my house.  I will not be in need of virtual drinks tonight. But I will be back soon when I do.

Bistro on fellows wids.

Dogs just seem to gravitate to Maureen.  Our dog Budger fell in love with her.  He was very disappointed to learn about Rosie.  ;)

We've got a standing group-date with several friends tonight... Beer, burgers, coney dogs, wings... All the good stuff.

I don't have any snapper recipes.  I don't do fish as often as I should, although I can do a mean blackened fish.  It's easy (which is why I do it!).  I've used all kinds of fish... Just slather it with butter, sprinkle on the Zatarains blackening seasoning, and cook it over very high heat.  Yummy!  I even forego any tartar sauce, and that's pretty unheard of for me with fish.

I guess I have a thing for dogs!  I swear, though, that I do nothing more graphic with them than cuddling.  Rosie is a bit of a kisser, though, and I have to be careful with exposed skin....

Plans for tonight?  Staying in and working on a draft of a research paper.  Rosie should be tuckered out after her trip to the dog park.

Maureen

Guest TooSoon

My Saturday night companion Malbec and I are back!  Tonight we are not grading but cooking up a storm for Greek Easter tomorrow.  Eggs dyed, spinach and rice casserole done, now poking through the cook book to see what I else I might make.  And watching my favorite widow movie, too, Silver Linings Playbook.  Bradley Cooper.  Mmmmmm.

Guest tableforone

Back from my dinner. Couple, okay three cosmopolitans. I think I hear sports coming from the tv in the basement. Here posting like a mad woman on

Widda.

What is Malbec? Some type of alcohol I hope. Glad to hear that you, Toosoon are cooking and not grading. If I never see another paper to grade again...28 years of it...the thrill wore off.

And Maureen, dogs liking you is a very good sign. They are a great judge of character.

Guest TooSoon

Oh yes, Malbec is my wine of choice, my date as it were since my virtual date went to sleep hours ago. 

I'm ready to serve up some hearty Greek food at the Bistro tonight, though it would then need to be called the Diner....

Wow! Looks like everyone's having a decent weekend! I am a dog lover too! We have 3 lovable beasts in our little pack. I was putting together these grow boxes in the garage tonight and filling them with dirt, etc... All three were out inspecting what I was up to. Gretchen, the youngest, dug her big head & nose into the dirt and got a nose full of potting soil, then it was scattered throughout! She better leave my plants alone!

I spent today cleaning out and organizing our medicine cabinet.  Threw out a LOT of old meds.  I was just settling down with a glass of wine and some chips, and saw the reminder on my phone of a meeting I have to go to in 45 minutes.  Grrrrr!  Oh well, it'll be a lot more enjoyable with a glass of wine in me.  ;D

I had to run in and warm up! I awoke to snow in Denver today! WTH! I've been eating salads and such lately and that didn't even sound good today, so chicken pot pie it was and a warm mug of coffee! Perfect!

Where's everyone been? I got to talk to some of my widda-loves today and this week. Ah... feel better now! Bago in a week & a half!

Ooh, Bagos are always fun, Sandi!  Always good to look forward to!

We've been busy running here and there, working on the house, just doing a whole lot of nothing.  The house is a mess, I'm tired... Need some fun!!

Is it 5:00 yet??  I finally made myself get up and do something... Folded the 2 baskets of laundry that have been just sitting around for days, have another 2 loads in the washer and dryer, and sorted through the rest of the bathroom cabinets and tossed about 3/4 of a laundry basket full of stuff. 

I'm ready for a break!!  Making some turkey and cheese roll-ups (anyone want one while I'm at it??) and then hitting the couch for a nap.  Unless it's 5:00, then I'll have a drink!  ;D

Hope everyone's having a good day!!

Sounds good to me! It's. 5o 'clock somewhere ! You're ahead of me with the laundry, can't get motivated... Allergies kicked in! How? There was snow on the ground yesterday! Either way, they found their way :(

I made this Mexican chicken casserole yesterday. Plenty left over. Bf asked me how I come up with the recipes I do online. I laughed a but then confessed, thought he'd think how dumb. Nope he thought it was absolutely brilliant. lol he finds things so amazing about me that I never even thought anything of. So I guess that's a positive for keeping the relationship going, just be your crazy widda self! I really have no sense of humor or cares to give anything else a try anyways .

So here's my laughable little trick. I look around what's on hand and just enter the ingredients in google! So yesterday, I had thawed out chicken and wasn't in the mood for anything I'd made in the past & really didn't want to cook. So I wanted easy!

Googled: chicken oven cornbread

I ended up with this Mexican chicken casserole. I gotta say it was so darn easy and deliscious. I couldn't imagine how it'd taste and it could definitely be done without the chicken, in my opinion.

So there's my trick, pot luck in the bistro with google & your pantry!

Guest tableforone

I will take a turkey and cheese roll up! I am eating %75 off Easter jelly beans.

Laundry going. Raking out the flower beds. We bought the house last August so all the spring flowers are such a welcome surprise. We bought a fire pit today and are going to have a fire in it tonight...lots of branches from the winter. The dog is 'taking a tan' and lolling on the lawn supervising. Beautiful day here in Maine!!

Ok. Back to the gardens. And I will have a cocktail beside the first fire later. You are all invited to join me!

Hey Sandi and TFO!  Sandi, I love the idea of googling the ingredients you have on hand to find a recipe!!  Just did that, and so I'm bringing this to the Bistro Potluck!!  http://www.halfhourmeals.com/recipe/cheddar-bacon-ranch-chicken-pasta/

Turkey/cheese roll-up coming up for you, TFO!

I've slacked off this afternoon.  Got a great nap in though.  It's beautiful here in Northern Michigan today too, but I just can't get motivated to do outside work yet.  I did get my toenails painted so I can wear some flip flops tonight, though!  That's very important.  Now to get the legs shaved so I can wear capris.  :o

Mokie - yum! I have everything but the bacon. Might still go ahead for dinner! Glad you liked my silly trick. I'll take a turkey roll up too, please. Sounds yummy!

Snow all melted yesterday in my yard and today it's all gone in the field behind the fence. The mountains are absolutely snow capped & majestic! I love Colorado!

• 1 year later...

Hello, I am dusting the bar and washing some glasses, this place has been deserted forever!!!! ouch, hit my head against the discoball, hanging a bit low.

I think this place needs reopening, fresh stack as the bar is completely empty, and some guests. This place rocked a couple of years ago...... anybody else???