An article

Loved this. Here are my three favorite parts, for those tl:dr types-

She grabbed my hands and met my eyes. “It will be hard,” she said. “It will be long. It will be painful. But you have to keep talking.” That was the first advice I received as a widower. It remains the best.

...a friend who had lost his own husband only a month earlier dropped off a jewelry box at my apartment. It contained a silver chain. “You can put Peter’s ring on it and wear it around your neck, but only if you want,” he told me. I have worn it ever since.

Time doesn’t necessarily dull grief’s anguish, but it does provide the tools and the space for its control.....A few weeks later, I found a receipt from Brooks Brothers festooned with his exuberant signature, tucked into a book. I felt an urgent need to protect the crinkled slip as if it were an heirloom. His closet—his shoes, his suits, his shirts—remains an untouchable shrine. But, with time, control comes. It sounds crazy, but I applauded myself after I decided that it was O.K. to take an empty bottle of shampoo—the last one we shared—to the recycling bin.