Thank You

I am officially 1 year and 7 months since it all happened. Since my world ended and I really did believe it was over for me. This site was recommended to me by chance by a friend. When things were at their darkest and I thought there was no way anyone could possibly understand what I had been through...this place and all of you were there for me.

I have worked very hard over the past year and a half. I have gone to therapy, learned to be gentle with myself and learned it's okay to lean on others. I have taken steps back towards living and have deepened my appreciation for all I have and have had in my life.

If I could go back in time and tell myself shortly after this tragedy occurred that I would be where I am now I don't think I could even have convinced myself of it. It's hard to fathom the strength you can muster when the world takes the feet out from under you. It still bugs me when people tell me I'm so strong for surviving this. But I am. It's that or get bitter and my husband taught me so much about appreciating life that it felt like an insult to his memory not to find a way to live again.

I haven't needed to write on this site for a while now. I do sometimes still visit to see how others are doing. I wish all of you the inner strength you need to heal. And more than anything I just want to say thank you.

Thank you for taking time during your own pain to recognize mine. Thank you for laughing at my rants and cheering me on when I took baby steps even though we have never even stood in the same room together. There are so many beautiful and remarkable people on here. If another person crosses my path that has experienced this cruel loss I know I can guide them to this safe and wonderful site. Thank you to the people who created it and keep it running. And thank you to everyone on here for making this a place of love, healing and support.

XO

Kryptic

If I could go back in time and tell myself shortly after this tragedy occurred that I would be where I am now I don't think I could even have convinced myself of it. It's hard to fathom the strength you can muster when the world takes the feet out from under you. It still bugs me when people tell me I'm so strong for surviving this. But I am. It's that or get bitter and my husband taught me so much about appreciating life that it felt like an insult to his memory not to find a way to live again.

When I first joined the old site, it was the first on-line forum I'd ever joined (still the only one) and I was really against it, but found that you all spoke my language, and when DH died, it was like I was living in a foreign land and understood nothing and no one understood me.  It's beautiful that even still, years later, once the intense suffering subsides, that understanding lives on.  I know some people don't like being called strong, but I wear it with pride, as it is a testament to DH, all that he was, and the love we shared.  I love this post.  Thinking of you.