Work problems - anxiety tips?

rooshy

I am anxious about work.  Ironically, I work as a biller for a behavioral health group.  I have been working in three different parts (accounting, billing, insurance) of the company for nearly a year now and the workload is too much.  My bosses have been aware for quite sometime now that I am overwhelmed but only now are they upset that I can't handle it.  They are upset that haven't been able to get to the accounts receivable as much as I'd liked to.  But when I need to devote 100% to each department, what should management expect? 

There is a psychologist in my office who blames me for all of his staff member's mistakes - when he thinks its my fault, the company is on the express train to hell; when he realizes that the mistake is the fault of his staff member, the incident was never a big deal..  I am tired of being his scapegoat.

This unhappiness from management combined with anxiety has made me tense and feeling like a loser.  I know I'm not but this past week has been overwhelming. 

What strategies can I use to sleep again and make this anxiety disappear?  help.

Yikes. Sounds like very high standards in a small workplace. You need to tell them (and yourself) you are a human and can make human mistakes. I do work for a small company so when we get issues like this I tend to suggest alternative solutions that may make improvement and be more efficient. Since you have to split your work between 3 different components, can you schedule out certain days or parts of days to work on them? For example in our office accounts receivable usually are slotted for mornings on Mondays and Thursdays. Billing happens everyday sadly. We always want to get paid. We don't have to deal with insurance so that affect us.

Don't be hard on yourself. You are doing what you can do. You can't do more when you are just 1 person. Hugs and hope you find some peace. I suggest doing something that tires you before bed so you can sleep. I find a bit of mindless TV or a book helps me a bit before bed. Hugs!

First, please continue to stand up for yourself as that sounds untenable long-term. Your health and wellbeing are key, especially as you are grieving.

I had sleep problems for a long time after being widowed and what is key is being able to "switch off" at bedtime.

I would exercise earlier in the day so I was so tired at night, I feel asleep. I ate well and tried to avoid alcohol (although did sometimes have one glass of wine in the evening to help unwind).

I did relaxation yoga at night with dim lights and soft music.

Keep away from all electronic devices and TV (although I admittedly have used these when I cant sleep and it honestly makes my sleep worse).

I would read in bed (with a kindle that had an inpad light) and fall sleep that way.

I didn't find over the counter sleep aids of any use.

Avoid caffeine of any sort in the afternoon - that will make the insomnia worse.

Thank you for your help!  I have a new supervisor who is reorganizing our office and I have a coworker who can help me out.  My new supervisor has seen how the psychologist has been treating and I finally have someone to back me up when something happens.  A lot of the trouble comes from the psychologist not keeps keeping tabs on his staff and he blows off their mistakes, which a lot of the time, results in writing off the charges. 

I have also been turning off the devices after 9 pm and just watching tv to relax at night.  I like to watch "Strange Inheritance" on Fox Business in the evenings.  It talks about people who have inherited strange things and what they do those items. 

I have been feeling better the last few days.

• 2 weeks later...