Facebook

It breaks my heart to see our ranks constantly grow.

I just wanted to pass on that though I resisted FB at first, I've found several great groups for wids. If you need to use a dummy account to get the healing and support you need, but also have to protect your identity, that's what I did.

The groups are active and well populated. It has been better for me for meeting other wids.

This board is a great resource as well, but for anyone who needs additional, the groups have been wonderful. There seems to be something for everyone.

While Facebook groups have grown significantly since I was widowed 8 1/2 years ago, I have found them to be full of drama!  No, thanks, for me!

I would much rather have this format. I have gotten to know many fellow wids and the PM feature allows for more in-depth writing than Facebook and even Messenger.

Maureen

Ryanamysmom- I would recommend searching "widow" and whatever other term you're looking for. Like parenting, 40s, military, etc. There's a group for ppl seeking Chapter 2 relationships, and probably one for those who aren't. some that are gender specific. Some groups are private, but as you get to know people you find other groups. Many groups also have linked to other suggested groups. Good luck. HTH.

The other lovely feature is the block button.

• 4 weeks later...

I cant get over the constant reminders on facebook about what ive gone through,  and Ohhhh,  look at this post from 3 years ago,  remember when you were married and happy,  heres some pictures of that day......  I log in sometimes,  but I started avoiding facebook.  Its just constant reminders and old pictures of me and my wife.