New Here

Oh, Tammy!

I am so sorry you lost your beloved husband - and so early in your life together.  I imagine you are quite heartbroken!  This is so unfair for you - and him!

I see your tearful emoji - at this point crying is some of what we can't help but do.  Remember to breathe and drink water and eat and sleep when you can.  I hope you find some comfort in people here who have some understanding of such a great loss.

Hugs to you,

Maureen

Tammy so sorry!  You were just married and this tragic accident happened. It is hard to understand why these things happen and why we can't control it. You need to take care of yourself and give yourself time to process, to figure how to cope, to learn what you can and cannot do right now. Remember it's not a race abd everyone functions differently. There is no right or wrong way to grieve just the way that you need to. Hugs!

Tammy  I'm so sorry for your loss, it's unfair to have him taken from you so early in your marriage. Sorry to welcome you to a group that nobody wants to join.  I've found this site to be welcoming and comforting, and I hope that you find the same here.  Day to day, minute by minute sometimes, take care of yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I'm just taking things one day at a time. Due to only having been married for 2 months when my husband passed away, I don't qualify for the Social Security death payment, or survivor's benefits. I also don't qualify for the VA survivor's pension. The VA told me I can't be considered to be a surviving spouse, since we weren't married a minimum of a year.

Personally, I think they're using the short amount of time we were married as an excuse to deny me the benefits I'm entitled to as my husband's widow.