Easter

BrokenHeart2

I'm hoping all the wids here are finding some comfort somehow this Easter weekend.  I've phrased it this way because Easter weekend was really rough for me early out.  We got married Easter Saturday although the date changes. This date is rough but it has softened for me over time.  In 2 months it will be 5 yrs.

To those of you longer out I'm wishing you a happy Easter weekend.

Hugs and blessings to all my wids.

Thanks, BH2, and likewise to you. I feel like I have 2 time frames to the count down to his passing, since Easter Sunday varies year to year. The week between Palm Sunday and Easter was when we got the final word that all treatments had failed, and we had to break that news to our children and family. Easter was later in April that year, and he died mid-May. This year it feels so drawn out with Easter Sunday tomorrow already.  With my sister's recent passing added to it, I've been in a deep funk the past few days. I'm so not into all the commercial Easter trappings at all since his passing, and even more so now. The spiritual significance conversely is greater than ever.

However, tomorrow after church I'll dutifully join my family at the brunch which I arranged, make the best of it, and join in supporting my late sister's husband in his first holiday/Easter without her. I really don't like big crowded holiday brunch restaurants, but I know what it's like to be in a tradiitional family setting all alone for the first time. I think it was the right decision- he seemed downright relieved when I suggested brunch out rather than family hosting in one of our homes.

Thanks for posting. For some reason I felt really sad this Easter weekend (my son even noticed my sadness, even though I wasn't crying) - my son and I had lots of nice plans but it all feels so weird. My prior married life seems a million miles away and I'm trying to maintain good relationships with my inlaws (for my son) but Im not part of that world as much, Im not getting along with some of his family given the way my son and I were treated after his death (and therefore I wasn't even invited to Easter on my LH's family side this year, I went last year and it wasn't pleasant) and then I feel a bit out of place with my NG's family - his mum brought up his ex-wife at the dinner table yesterday and I just felt out of place.  Maybe because Sat was also my LH's birthday and my son was talking a lot about missing his Dad. I don't know...

Thank you for all your replies.  As sad as it may sound, I'm glad you get me. 

Yes, the 2 timeframes are so odd.  You see, 5 yrs ago today he went into hospital for a surgery to give him back a quality of life and by the end of April because of endless delays for the surgery, I was taken into a room with the doctor, nurse and told there is nothing more they can do and no more treatment.  In other words, bring him home to die.  I was gobbesmacked, so April and May are so weird for me now even coming on 5 yrs.  It's not as intense but it's there and sometimes just hits me down. I don't talk about this with anyone anymore.  Thanks for listening and getting me.

Hugs

BH2  Time does march on, Easter is yet another bittersweet reminder of the passage of time.  ((Big hugs)) to you

Spent Easter weekend with BF, had brunch with his extended family and it was good to be there.  It was coincidence that we stayed Saturday night near a beach town where LH and I got engaged and spent a lot of family time over the years. It was strange to visit, relive memories and to be there with somebody else.