I'm a rebel now

klim

I'm pretty sure I may have always had this in me but the passing of DH has brought it to the forfront.

i don't always obey the rules any more. I have a bit of a fukit attitude.

He lived the ultimate healthy lifestyle. Food choices were contientious , religiously fixing his fruitplate to eat in the evening so he would have his proper nutrient. Working out everyday...didn't matter if he'd had a long day at work or we were travelling he'd squeeze that workout in. Always lived this way from the time I met him 30 years earlier. It wasn't just a fad.

And he died of a heart attack, coronary heart disease with a 75% blockage (plaque) of one major artery......

So my conclusion..playing by the rules doesn't always work, so now I do a little more questioning, and a little more rebelling. I like it. Maybe it's a little more of the awareness of life is short...not sure?1?

Anyone else feel this way?

The only part I'm having difficulty with is I seem to be getting a little pissed off at my friends who seem to be just blindly following rules with out questioning them. I've been challenging them to do so....then usually later I have remorse because really they are just doing what they have been told....ooops I guess I should curb that bad habit.

Oh klim, I certainly get the fukit attitude! lol.  My DH worked out diligently every morning too. Also ran 3-5 times a week.  Yup, where did that get him.  I know that seems like a cold statement but........

As for your friends, my opinion is live and let live.  They can make their choices and I'll make mine  :)

Hugs

I'm eating a healthier diet, but I do mix it up it with other food. I am exercising more, there is so much of nature to see on the walks near my house and I've been meeting some interesting people along the way. But in many other ways, I am rebelling and I'm trying to give myself as much freedom as possible.

Good for you, klim!  From the beginning I have treated my husband's illness and death as a free pass to do whatever the eff I want to.  That's the gift he gave us.  It's been so good for me and my daughter!  Liberation!  Obviously, I'm also responsible but its been great to buck all the notions of how things are "supposed to be" and just do our own thing.  Go for it!

Oh i am definitely  a rebel  with a conscience. A rebel not a REBEL....but just provide a little bit more push back at work etc.

As Toosoon said"I'm also responsible but its been great to buck all the notions of how things are "supposed to be" and just do our own thing. "