kagill's Real Sex, what are you needing?

MissingJoan

I feel the same way Jen! Phil and I were a 5-10 times a week couple. We rarely went more than 3 days without. Going from that to nothing is awful. :(  I've had two FWB offers, but so far I've refrained. I'm not sure if I'm just not ready, or if I'm holding out for something more. Phil was my one and only.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel the same way Jen! Phil and I were a 5-10 times a week couple. We rarely went more than 3 days without. Going from that to nothing is awful.

I'm so sorry. (((Hugs)))

At the risk of inflicting serious TMI on y'all... I've never felt, um, satisfied with my sex life, even when I had one. My drive was always higher than either of my husbands'-- xh used it as a weapon to leverage power in what turned out to be a really twisted relationship (he would withhold until he got his way about whatever, and pathetic fool that I was, I put up with it for way too long). Jim's spirit was willing but he had physical limitations-- I mostly just learned to live with being frustrated. Of course, I only thought I was frustrated then...  :-\

I'm at a loss here-- for real. I am genuinely concerned that I will never have sex again, and that is a serious issue. Like-- possibly requiring therapy to cope with it. Maybe I'm blowing it way out of proportion, but right now it feels like the end of the f***ing world, if you'll pardon the halfhearted pun.

Just had to vent. Thanks.

I had sex last night with a girl after the 3rd date (yes, I'm a bit of a player).  Is she Future Wife?  Don't think so.  It continues to amaze me that other people would want me despite my full disclosure of my widowhood, but people do!  The time will come for you all if you want it.  In the mean time, don't let yourselves go - Mr Right, or Mr Right Now will find his way into your life.  I have to say that going to the gym has given me way more confidence that I ever used to have in bed.  And I make sure I shave my legs.  I do it for ME, not anyone else.

Just in conversation someone I know mentioned they have not had sex since 2006. 9 years!!! She's divorced, not widowed. I just can't get that number out of my mind. 9 years!!!

This struck a chord with me. It has been 9 years for me as well. My husband was on so many meds for PTSD that it simply wasn't physically possible and he was ashamed to the point of not wanting ANY form of sex. Thankfully, our bond was strong enough to survive this, but he has been gone nearly a year and a half now and I am nothing if not horny.

Sadly (or not), I'm not really wired for a one nighter and I certainly don't feel ready for a relationship so I'm trapped in this hideous limbo of desperately wanting/needing intimacy, but not really being in a position to deal with the emotions that come along with it.

I hate this shit.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not ruling out a one night stand, but I don't think I'm wired for it either. Some days, like today, I could be easily tempted. I have two friends that have already expressed their willingness to fullfill that need for me. I hate this shit too.

• 1 month later...

Things are getting desperate. I was at the grocery store this afternoon, and I was seized by the insane desire to climb up on a table in the produce department and yell, "SOMEONE PLEASE JUST SHAG ME ALREADY!!!!!!!!!"

Ugh. Ugh...

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm anything to go by, then, yes. :(

Out of the mouths of babes:

I'm an inveterate ice chewer. I love ice, crave ice, crunch ice all day long. I've done it for years-- I had tapered off considerably, then ramped up again over the past few months. Yesterday, my ten-year-old son looked up from his tablet and told my mother, "I figured out why Mum chews ice. It's a sign of being sexually frustrated."

:o :o :o :o :o :o

There has GOT to be a solution... right? Please??

Given that my Kenneth could not have sex for a very long time, before he died, it has now been so long since I had real, actual sex, that I cannot even remember when the last time was. What I need is one really good, mind-numbing, knee-quivering, toe-curling orgasm. For that matter, it's been so long that even one good, old-fashioned, roll in the hay without said orgasm would be good, too. Heck, I would simply just like to "get nekkid" with a man (as my Kenneth would have said).

My mother would be appalled that I just said that, if she knew. On the other hand, if Kenneth were able to read it, he would get one really good laugh out of this.  ;D

If I'm anything to go by, then, yes. :(

Out of the mouths of babes:

I'm an inveterate ice chewer. I love ice, crave ice, crunch ice all day long. I've done it for years-- I had tapered off considerably, then ramped up again over the past few months. Yesterday, my ten-year-old son looked up from his tablet and told my mother, "I figured out why Mum chews ice. It's a sign of being sexually frustrated."

:o :o :o :o :o :o

There has GOT to be a solution... right? Please??

YIKES!  I've always been told I do that because I'm anemic.  I've read that too actually and when I'm good about taking my extra iron (not always) the craving (for ice) does lessen.

Not to say that the other isn't true for me at times.  I want to be loved from the inside out in every way at this point.

I think if all the other things get im the way, all the sex in the world won't replace the feeling of partnership...

Perhaps not, but I am hoping to put this theory through clinical trials just to be sure :-)

Take care,

Rob T

• 3 weeks later...