? about realtor and selling house

sudnlysngl

To those who have sold their homes and are selling. I have my house on the market right now, and my question is this.

Is it common for the realtor you hire NOT to show your house, but to list it as an mls and have other agents show it?

Also, I've had to be on her ass for everything. Like I am 2 blocks back off the main road, so I had to ask after a couple of weeks ,"hey where's the signs up on the main road?" Then I had to ask where's the flyers that I should have to put on the counter for when people come through or that I can hand out? So stuff like that.

She also wanted to drop the price on my house in only 2.5 weeks of it going on the market!!! That really pissed me off.

After other agents show the house, my agent NEVER gets back with me with any feed back either!

Is this normal? Oh and this is definitely a good market here for selling a house!

Do I have a right to feel like she is NOT doing her job, and I am not happy with the pictures they did either, and I told her so....

My realtor or his associate always showed the house when it was needed, and let me know any feedback within 24 hours. I don't think we ever had fliers, but he did have signs up on the main roads right away. It sold within the first two weeks last spring because it was a good market for a starter family home.

Sounds like your realtor isn't very motivated. Or maybe just really busy. Good luck, hopefully a good buyer comes along soon!

Where I live it depends. If the buyers have their own realtor, that realtor can take the buyers to see the house but would call your listing realtor to check what times are available to check out the house and be the go between. If the buyers don't have a realtor, it is recommended to contact the listing agent to get access to see the house.

My longtime realtor honestly doesn't do paper flyers anymore but all online advertising on all the major realtor listing sites, social media and email newsletters to past and current clients. Asking you to drop our price however is crazy in just a few weeks IMO.

Good luck nonetheless.

Here in Florida it is customary to have an outside, weather proof tube with flyers inside. Flyers have pictures of the house for prospective buyers to take away, a list of features, price, age, square footage etc. Lots of folks drive around neighborhoods they are interested and gather the flyers so they don't waste time with homes that are too much money or too small, etc.

I would want flyers for the weather proof tube. I would want my realtor to be one of the people that shows the home. My suspicion is that if she is lowering the price so quickly she is just hoping for a quick sale. Continue doing your research. YOU get to decide what you are willing to sell your house for. If a quick sale isn't too important and your house shows well and is comparable to other homes you owe it to yourself to be patient and wait.

I've sold three homes in my life. Once for asking price, once I had to significantly lower the price to get a sale (this during 2008 when the market was horrible) and my first home I let someone assume the note- a bad spell in Houston Texas after an oil bust and my husband had accepted a position in another town and was already working there and we were paying rent and mortgage. 

jeudi, you are right I am in Florida and she didn't have the tube with flyers, or the directional sign on the main road!

I had to ask for them, which pissed me off!!! I had my house priced right, especially for the size, the area, and the acreage...

I as of today have a bidding war going on ;D, and did a price negotiation with one of the people and he met what I asked for, so looks like I am probably finally selling, yayyyy!!!!

I hear you sunshine, and as of now, we are in contract :-X, have the closing date as well.

I got to choose which person, and I liked the one I picked and his realtor. He met my counter offer, and the inspections are Monday, knowing that I am selling "as is".

I can say on thing for sure - this is stressful stuff, and I'm tired....

I will be glad and sad when it's all over!

Congratulations on the offers and signing a contract!  Selling is such a bittersweet thing and sooooo stressful.  Good luck with the final details and packing up, I was an emotional nut job when I moved but survived and am glad I did it.

Congratulations on the offers and signing a contract!  Selling is such a bittersweet thing and sooooo stressful.  Good luck with the final details and packing up, I was an emotional nut job when I moved but survived and am glad I did it.

Thanks Trying, I do feel like an emotional exhausted nut job right now!

On top of it all, I have to meet with a judge on the 7th to finalize my divorce from the jerk :o, after my doctors appointment that morning, oiy!!!

So my back aches ALL the time, I have to deal with the mistake of the jerk, packing a house I have lived in for 25 years, and now moving the stuff starting tomorrow into a storage place, SSIIIGGGHHHHH......

I can, and am doing this  ;D  ::)