Unsettling dreams

Trying

So I have had these types of dreams occasionally since DH died but for the last couple of weeks they are almost nightly and I can't figure out the trigger. Life is on a pretty even keel right now.

It's usually some mundane typical day and DH is "back".  No explanation of why he let us think he was dead for almost 5 years or where he's been, he just resumes life with us.  Current DH is also there.  Neither of them seem bothered by the other being in the home but I am totally freaked out and don't know how to act towards either of them.  No one will discuss this extremely unusual situation with me and expect me to just get on as if this is normal.

I wake up feeling out of sorts, get mad at myself for not enjoying the visit from DH more, and confused about what it all means.

Anyone have any insights or experience similar dreams?

I like the part where they aren't bothered by each other. To me, that would feel like it means it's ok for DH to have space in your head once in a while. new DH is cool with it. In that sense I guess it is normal.

Sounds to me like he is just dropping by to say hi, and he is happy with how your life is.

I would think he would really point out something in specific if there were something wrong, or at least I would hope so. Know what I mean?

But I understand feeling confused by it, because that's what I did when it happened to me, then I learned to relax and pay more attention to see if he was pointing something out or just stopping by.

Don't be so hard on yourself, some of us have gone through it too, so your not alone. ;)

I had dreams about giving birth.  The really odd thing is that I never ever wanted or had children. One of my friends said it kinda made sense, since I was starting something new.  The babies I was giving birth to were all premature.

I used to dream that my husband re-appeared and told me it was all a bad dream, what was I doing dating someone as he was now back and we could move on. It was very unsettling. Part of me wanted the dream visit but admittedly part of it was unsettling and triggering. Here's hoping for good dreams for all of us!