Dreams

Mac

After nearly six years, I don't dream about Cindy as much as I use to. She was in my dream 2 nights ago. I was being affectionate with her and she was laughing and smiling. What a wonderful gift!

I can remember two good dreams about Christine and one bad in the last 17 months.

The good dreams were hard because when I woke up, for a few seconds I forgot she had died. Then the truth hit me all over again. It was a difficult way to start the day.

The bad dream was more recent. It happened after I started dating. It was Christine not meeting my eyes and turning away from me with a disappointed look on her face. To my waking mind this is just a manifestation of the irrational guilt I felt/feel for being intimate with someone who is not her. I know Christine would not be upset at me dating, in fact she would encourage it. But that dream still hurts.

Even with the hurt, I wish i dreamed about her more often.

Fortunately, my dreams about Cindy have all been good ones. This dream was a "normal" dream. I haven't had any of the super lucid dreams for a long time. The super lucid dreams have more depth and detail than my awake state of consciousness does. When I wake up from those dreams that have Cindy in them, I do have to do a quick reality check on what is real and what was the dream.

Nice that it was a good dream. I usually dream about Phil when I'm working through other things going on in ny life, or I'm taking another step forward. Away from our life together. It's comforting to me in a way. It sometimes makes me feel like his presence is helping me come to conclusions. 

• Like 1