Moments

Peony

This past weekend we had guests over. Friends and family were going between the house and the back patio. As I was talking to someone I looked up at the back door and my son was walking in from the patio. For that split second, all I seen was his father. He had a ball cap on & sunglasses and he looked exactly like DH.

When my son was old enough to drive he wanted to buy a truck just like the one his dad used to have. I felt fortunate to find one that was identical to DH's. Of course, I didn't realize that seeing my son in the truck would cause an emotional reaction. Every time he came & went it sincerely felt like I had just seen DH.

I would love to hear about other similar experiences anyone has had with seeing your spouse in your children. It always makes me smile when it happens, even though it doesn't happen all of the time. When it does happen, it takes my breath away. Even if just for a brief moment.

• Like 3

It is definitely bittersweet. I have three daughters, but I see their dad in all of them. Their mannerisms, repeating things their dad always said. My oldest daughter looks the most like her dad. Fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair. She has his temperament too. 

• Like 2

You both are so blessed to have that. My dh adopted my children so I don't get to have those special moments. Although today was my daughters birthday and after the day we had yesterday we took time today and reminisced about dh today. It was nice and needed. 

My daughters have my husband's sense of humor and they can comment with a sarcastic quip or a wandering musing and it totally makes me smile. We still have him here with us in bits and pieces. The kids might not notice but I do. 

I like hearing these little moments. 

• Like 1

My younger son has a gap in his front teeth, just like his dad.

My son had braces and his teeth were perfect but in the 6 years since those came off the gap has appeared. The funny thing is my son always bugged his Dad about the gap and always pushed him to get it fixed. Now that he has the gap, I've heard nothing about getting it fixed. I wonder if he likes looking like his dad?

• Like 1