Never in my wildest dreams......

I've been widowed just over 11 years.  We were together 27 years.....married 22.  After 6 years of widowhood I was tired of being lonely.  I tried online dating for several months.  The first few "guys" turned out to be scammers.  To make a long story short I finally met a guy.  We started chatting.  Thought that was as far it would go.  He finally asked to meet.  We met at a coffee shop 50 miles from my home.  I thought if it didn't work out I would probably never venture to that place again where I would run into him.  That 3 hour coffee date turned into a full fledged relationship.  We've been together almost 5 years.  He's widowed so he gets it.  

The reason for my writing today.  I thought I would NEVER meet someone I would ever care for after my husband's passing.  But this man treats me better than my husband did.  I always dreamed of a relationship like this.  Boy did I win the lottery.  Yesterday out of the blue he planned another trip for us.  This one not too far............2 hours away from home.  

For those of you are hesitant to start dating again.  I thought the same.  But I am so glad he was patient with me and I accepted that first date.  I couldn't be happier.  

• Like 14

So  does he have a single brother by any chance, in the 50 to 60 or so age range, patswife? 😉 

Seriously, though, thank you for sharing your experience of your new love with us, and congratulations!!  I figure I'm pretty much in that place that puts better odds on me being hit by falling space debris than finding a new good match in a mate! 😏 

All the best to you both!  

Edited by sojourner
Spelling
  • Like 2

Sojourner, he does have brothers but they are unavailable.  Thank you for your kind words.  Considering everything I've endured since the day we found out about my husband's (eventual) terminal cancer diagnosis meeting this man has been the happiest I've been.  I am constantly amazed as to where this relationship goes.  

• Like 4

I’m so happy for you,  patswife22!  I found that my relationship with my second husband (also a widower) was also incredibly happy. Having been through loss made us appreciate life and each other more, I think. I hope you have many more years of happiness!

Maureen

patswife I remember back over 11 yrs ago when you and I joined. All the hard things you were going through back then with your job, sister, and other things. Its so nice to come back here and see you happy and with someone now.:D I thought I did those things right, but sadly was not the case for me. My divorce was final three days ago and now selling my house....

But girl you deserve the best, you keep going and giving the rest of us hope!!!

Sudnlysngl, I am so sorry to hear about your divorce.  

Wheelerswife and sudnlysngl, I remember you too.  Seeing these names here bring back so many memories of others who were going through the same as me and helped me through the worse part of my life. 

I am "retired" now; quit my job of 3 years in February of this year.  My boss who is married to a high school classmate of mine was getting to be a real @$$hole.  My sister who lived with me passed away 2 years ago.  Seems she didn't do so well after she moved out.  Now recently connected with a bunch of cousins on my father's side.  So things do seem to be going into a much better direction................finally.  

Edited by patswife22

Sorry to hear about your sister, but don't be sorry about me divorcing. As someone here said, this person he has been cheating with has just taken out the trash!

My only problem with it is , I already had trust issues, boy do I have them now!  They (whoever "they" are) say time heals all wounds, but the problem I find with that is

I keep getting older while time tries to do the healing, lol....

Anyways, really happy for you pw, many blessings to you and much deserved happiness for you....

On 5/10/2018 at 6:58 PM, patswife22 said:

For those of you are hesitant to start dating again.  I thought the same.  But I am so glad he was patient with me and I accepted that first date.  I couldn't be happier.  

Patswife22, I am so happy for you. Enjoy all of it!! I had a very similar experience in dating again, I also though I would NEVER meet a man that meant so much to me and your winning the lottery statement is exactly what happened to me. Every day I wake up so happy to be loved by my fiance. Yes, there is hope for a wonderful relationship again.

My best to you and your beloved, have fun! 

• Like 1

Thank you all.  These types of writings I remember helped me back in the day.  These almost 5 years have gone by so fast.  Those dark days seem to be dragging me down.  But the old saying "time flies when you're having fun".  When I tell people we've been together this long they can't believe it.  These are the same people, family and friends alike who have been by my side for the last 10-12 years.