How time has changed things

I went out today with 2 dear ladies that have had my back in a way over the last 5 yrs since I've lost DH.  We've done fun road trips all the while being mindful they are married and I lost mine.  Today I guess time just got away on them and did the 'married' thing of complaining about their DH's and one was remorseful.  This is how time has changed for me....... in the past I would have thanked her for being mindful, today I said "oh please Joan don't worry about it, I'm ok".  I guess that's the thick skin that's been growing with this widowhood. In the past the response would have been different.  It's like the wise ones before told us over and over, you learn to live with it.  I'm getting that now and this is now just my lot in life.  Not saying this will always be the way my life is, just the way it is right now.  Wow, what a turning point for me.

I'm different from who I used to be and continually exploring who I'm becoming with interest instead of the pain.  That's what different for me coming up on 5 ys at the end of May.  

I don't know how I could have done this without all of you over these past 5 yrs sharing your experiences, pain, joy, sorrow, craziness, fun and all the rest.  Thank you for making feel like I'm not crazy but just a grieving widow. 

HUGS to all of you!

• Like 5