Update and photo

I have tried to get a photo on here a few times, but it keeps telling me the size is too big, maybe I got it this time.

We had a great warm day for our wedding, two weeks ago now. It was perfect, a small ceremony in a garden by the river. The "ceremony" was only about 10 minutes.

Things are going well, my kids still balk sometimes against having more rules in place with two parents again, but it's good for everyone overall. My youngest has started to call him Dad once in a while. I think the older 3 will always call him by his name, which is fine. Late dh died when Eden was just 9 months old so she never knew him, the others have memories of their dad. 

His son is supposed to be moving in with us, but is dragging his feet. I have a feeling the situation is not going to end well. But I'm pretty much staying out of it, and offering support as much as I can. He is letting his house go back to the bank. So his son (18) is still living there, but that can't happen too much longer. We can't afford two houses, and his son doesn't contribute anything. 

I'm happy to be married finally though, to have him here every morning when I wake up, and every night to go to bed. To kiss goodbye before work, and to know he is coming home again afterwards. My first marriage wasn't great, we were both selfish and expected the other to make us happy. I know so much more now, and am confident that we both are going into this with realistic expectations of what a marriage and partnership requires.

Thanks everyone for your support over the years. I still check in, even though I don't post much. This board has been a blessing to be able to read about and share similar experiences of widowhood.

galleries-bf20bc65e3aea4ce95c2bcbf9712cdff-12125252274 - Edited.jpg

• Like 10

On 6/9/2018 at 1:49 PM, daysofelijah said:

I'm happy to be married finally though, to have him here every morning when I wake up, and every night to go to bed. To kiss goodbye before work, and to know he is coming home again afterwards. My first marriage wasn't great, we were both selfish and expected the other to make us happy. I know so much more now, and am confident that we both are going into this with realistic expectations of what a marriage and partnership requires.

I love this part.

Congratulations!

abl

• Like 1

• 1 month later...