Southern Maine coast -- September or October

Love2fish

• 2 weeks later...

Nearest airport, hmm, Manchester NH is probably the most convenient, but there is also Portland ME and Logan in Boston. Are you renting a car, there is not much in the way of public transportation up here....

15 hours ago, hachi said:

Nearest airport, hmm, Manchester NH is probably the most convenient, but there is also Portland ME and Logan in Boston. Are you renting a car, there is not much in the way of public transportation up here....

Thanks for the info. This is important info for out of towners! Especially for those who have never been to the area!!! Will the person who is having the BAGO be setting up airport shuttle service for those who are not familiar to the area? These are some things to consider.... Just saying....

2 hours ago, sudnlysngl said:

Thanks for the info. This is important info for out of towners! Especially for those who have never been to the area!!! Will the person who is having the BAGO be setting up airport shuttle service for those who are not familiar to the area? These are some things to consider.... Just saying....

I would suggest also looking at Portsmouth airport, formerly known as Pease AFB.  That is the closest of all and would be no problem for one of us to shoot down and pick you up in about an hours time.  The problem is that there are not many flights available. 

If it has to be Boston then consider taking the bus from Logan to Portsmouth where we could pick you up easily. There is also a train, called the Northeaster from Boston but I have never taken it so I can’t comment on how convenient it is. Driving from here to Logan and back can kill ½ a day or more. 

Next best would be Portland which is about 45 minutes from the bago. 

Manchester is also a nice small airport that is easy to get in or out of but its about a 3 hour round trip.  Maybe that would work if someone is coming from NH and wouldn’t mind picking you up. 

I would be willing to do a Boston or Manchester airport run. I am 45 minutes from Boston and 30 from Manchester. Don't be shy, make your needs known. People are driving in from lots of areas, so we can make it all happen! 

There is also a convenient little airport in Worcester MA with direct Jet Blue flights from Orlando. 

Edited by hachi
add another airport

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is in Wells at a condo at Village By The Sea:  www.Vbts.com

People are coming from various directions. Let someone know via PM and we will do our best to help everyone get here that wants to be here.

There is a commuter train from Boston and the station is just a few miles from the bago.

If we have any other lurkers who might have questions but don’t wish to post here send me a private message and I will keep you in the loop.

3 hours ago, donswife said:

I think I could also come saturday /saturday night 

40 minutes ago, myriver said:

Is there room for any more?  I am interested.

We are in no danger of exceeding any limits. I am so happy that you are coming!

we are meeting in a condo at Village by the Sea in Wells.  I will PM you with the details.