Southern Maine coast -- September or October

Love2fish

Awake on Sunday morning... no fog today. There is a nice view of a small bay from the deck of Loves2Fish’s condo. We have had a wonderful time this weekend with the biggest “event” being a wonderful dinner last night prepared by our own MrDrew and his assistant Hachi. We owe our thanks to Loves2Fish and his NG as well who welcomed us with hospitality and a surprise of prepared munchies and breakfast selections beyond anything we could have asked for. It has been great seeing old friends and meeting a couple of new people as well. If I could figure out how to post a picture, I would!  

• Like 2

Where do I begin? Thank you Loves2fish for opening your home to the widda invasion. Your NG is lovely and we felt most welcome. Thank you to MrDrew for letting me boss you around in the kitchen. Thank you Captain'swife for the "secret ingredient" and to Maureen for continuing to be one of the most genuinely kind people I have ever met. It was great to see you all and a special pleasure to get to spend time with each of you individually over different times in the weekend. Something you don't always get to do in a large afternoon or evening gathering. This was really special. Nice to meet some new faces, and missed some of the regulars... you know who you are!   

• Like 4

I was not at all sure what a bago was or could be but I had hopes.  I hoped everyone would be easy to get along with, kind and thoughtful towards each other, good listeners when it was time to listen and honest speakers when it was time to talk.  I hoped there would be lots of easy smiles and a little space for tears. I hoped that when it was over I would feel like my family was a little bigger.  Maybe a new brother or sister.

I was not disappointed. 
That’s my droll Yankee way of saying that the bago was everything I hoped it would be.  I am grateful for everyone who came.  I am especially grateful for NG’s contributions in the snack and munchies department. You made me look so good that I almost feel like I have panache.  

• Like 4

So I brought up some beer with me on my visit.  I did a quick stop on the way up to Maine for a few things and thought that with Sam Adams I couldn't possibly go wrong.  Well no one touched any of it so back home it came with me.  I guess I should know better.  Pumpkin Head doesn't equate with October fest.  Well I found out tonight when I opened one.  Pumpkin flavored beer.  Blech.   Honestly the only pumpkin flavor I like is the real pumpkin pie.   But it did make me laugh!  I guess I won't make that mistake again.

Thank you again everyone for such a wonderful time and chance to meet everyone.  It did me a lot of good just to talk with others who can understand.

Thank you for the wonderful meals and such a nice place to relax.

• Like 2

Maureen I appreciated the firefighter in you!  Especially since I just stared at the toaster oven, frozen, just expecting the little flame to go out. Then you sprung into action and analyzed the situation (I can see oxygen is getting in here - we need to starve the flame of oxygen)...and the problem solved 😊

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2018 at 7:55 PM, Wheelerswife said:

I’m a little disappointed that I haven’t received accolades for my fire fighting skills. Just saying....

I forgot to mention.  I was also hoping that my condo would not burn down.  

I am indebted to you WW. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1