Southern Maine coast -- September or October

Love2fish

How about a weekend between September 14 and October 7?  Pick the date.

Available for a 2 night Widowbago.  2 BR condo sleeps 6, full kitchen, 1 3/4 bath, 1 king, 2 queen, 1 sleep sofa, in a family friendly kind of resort. The town is a popular family, beach, vacation area.  Lots of great restaurants nearby, a few of which can handle large partys.  The resort has indoor and outdoor pools + game room.  

I said sleep 6 right?  It could be 6 guys or 6 ladies or a mix, as long as everyone is 100% comfortable with the mix.  No cost to anyone staying other than food and help with cleanup. Lots of great restaurants nearby, a few of which can handle large groups or we can cook in the condo  (by “we" I mean “you” :-)

I would be participating as a widow but not staying at the condo.  I have another place a few miles down the road that I use during the summer.  This condo is something that DW and I bought both to use and for income 25+ years ago.  You would be doing her memory an honor by attending.

It's my hope that the wids who stay in the condo be the ones who have the greater distance to travel and or the ones who are less affluent.  If more than 6 are interested then maybe those of you within driving distance would commute or rent another condo from the complex or the resort next door.  There are also hotels nearby with reasonable shoulder season rates.

I have been vacationing in the area for over 30 years and will be happy to advise re. restaurants etc.

If this happens it will be my first widowbago,  please be gentle.  Any suggestions will be welcomed.
  • Like 1

Good for you for initiating a bago!  I would be interested in attending. I have family and friends in southern Maine, including a wid friend. I don’t have anything scheduled during your window, but I do observe the 9th anniversary of my first husband’s death near then. I used to plan a bago close to that date. 

Pencil me in at this point. 

Maureen

If I can ever get this house sold I would be interested! I've always wanted to see Maine, and it would be a nice get away from florida  for my birthday :) on the 16th, and I would love to have some good people to have some lobster with :)

Edited by sudnlysngl

It looks like this thing is going to happen :)

All we need now is for one of you lurker people to chime in and set the date.  I know you are out there I just don't know which dates are going to work for you.

Hint: Say something like "I could make it the weekend of September 21 & 22."

• Like 1

I was at my first bago tonight for dinner with friends.  I think I was the only wid there.

Business.  I make a motion that we hold this Southern Maine bago  on September 14 and 15.

Do I have a second?

bago1.jpg

Edited by Love2fish

All in favor say aye.

new business:  I have no idea how much time you all wish to spend engaged in wid talk or if a break to catch a show would be appropriate.  The Ogunquit Playhouse is 20 minutes away, the show will be Jersey Boys.  The Ogunquit Playhouse always does a great job with everything.  Broadway quality shows.

6 hours ago, sudnlysngl said:

Love2fish are you asking us all on a date?:$ It all sounds like fun ;)

I would love to be able to cross that one  👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♂️ B| off my bucket list!  but no,  I am going to be seeing the show with NG on the 12th.  I'm just giving Y'all a heads up bc the show will be great and tickets will probably get sold out.  Fri. night looks like 70% sold, Sat. night is 80% sold and Sun. matinee is even worse.   

Wheelerswife one of the things on my bucket list is to see it snow on the ocean whilst I sit on the beach drinking some wine. I get to enjoy the pretty beaches here in FL, but I rarely drink because of health reasons but I sure would with that one! :) I intend to accomplish it someday, anyone care to join me??

MrDrew and I would be interested in attending too. We'd probably just do Saturday night. It's a long (but do-able) drive from Connecticut and we both have to work Friday, so would most likely drive up first thing Saturday :) We will look into nearby accommodations so as to leave space at the resort for those who need it. I would vote for more social time over seeing a show. Will check back to see how the plans are shaping up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...