Father's Day

sojourner

Wishing the best Father's Day possible to all our dads among us here! 

This is my family's fourth one since losing LH. No real plans for the day, other than I got a vase of flowers in his memory, as I typically do to mark special days of remembrance.  

Peace to all!

• Like 1

This was my first Father's day without my son ever, as he left for a mission trip yesterday morning.  I did okay, and I did girly stuff with NG"s mother as he made plans with his father and his mother wanted an out as they are divorced and have been for years. 

This was the 7th one without LH.  It is still hard to comprehend. I have always skipped church with my son and done something, just the two of us, special. So, different all the way around.  I hope he did okay being distracted with other kids.  We were at the church, so we had to hear special praise to the dad's and such, why I skip church on this day.

I am in the process of purging a 5 bedroom house down to just what will fit in a 2 bedroom apartment. I have 3 crates of records that my late wife purchased back in the 80s when she was a high school student. In passing I mentioned how nice it would be to have all of those songs set up in a playlist in Spotify before I got rid of the records. I then forgot about the comment.

For Father's Day the boys surprised me with a complete spotify playlist of every single album and song in the collection. Well over 1000 songs. It took them 12 hours to compile it. I have been listening to it at work for the last two days. 

Then they took me out for dinner and let me pay for it since they are both broke college students. ;)

• Like 7

Leadfeather,  

That is a fantastic gift. That is the kind of things I hope to instill in my child. The last father's day gift I had my then 7 yr. old son sing a song he and his dad sang all the time together, "Watching you."  My son, added on his own ending, to my surprise. My LH said it was the best gift a dad could get.  

Your young men sound very grounded, learning early on what matters. 😊

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

7 weeks ago my beautiful boys lost their dad the day after fathers day on Sept 3rd this year.  They are scared of event days now and we have to face my beautiful husbands birthday in 4 weeks., don't know how we will do it. But we will.  Nothing feels right and never will.