FB Memorialized -Check?

tybec

This may sound silly to some of you, but I DID IT. I memorialized my LH's FB page. It took me 6 yrs. and 4 months to do. I am a FB addict.  After LH died, it was my outlet to people without actually talking to people. I worked all day and would come home, take care of my child and then at night, alone, FB.  I could lurk and cry, be angry and sometimes smile. I wrote and shared, too.  I had SOME social interaction in a way without leaving my home.  I didn't find this site until almost 2 years out!

So, I did the memorialized page. I made myself the legacy a while back and downloaded the whole thing as you can, and now it is frozen in time.  Strange, that for some reason, THIS was a big deal.  I have moved, new home, new job, new life, New GUY, but had hung on to this.  I let it go.  

Widowhood.........,<sigh>

• Like 1

It is a big deal, tybec.  I backed off from social media and FB a great deal since DH died, lurked and rarely posted.  I just changed my FB profile pic to an updated photo with DD, BIL and my dog.  It was difficult to take down the previous profile photo that included DH, taken over 7 years ago.  Four years and 11 months, I did it and it is a BIG deal.

• Like 1

Did the LinkedIn account early, Julestar,, oh  and Twitter.  Still have an email as I have a couple accounts he set up and they are a bear to change to me only, a password app is one.  So, there is still that.  NG shared  I had more to move on from LH.  He couldn't say what, but I am sure I still have so much linked.  Just a process of a life completely  being altered.  Divorce forces you to do it and probably, many want no connection.  Different with widowhood.

I totally agree - the changing phases of life is different when it's divorce versus widowhood. Even though I am seeing someone, I know I have a lot of LH still attached to me including email accounts and cell numbers, still have some of his clothing in the house. I did change photos on FB and around the house I've minimalized photos of him unless the kids are in the photo with him. My FB activity is minimal as well. I just don't feel like participating actively as much as I used to. 

• 3 months later...

It's been over two years and I still can't touch his Facebook account. I made myself the legacy contact and downloaded it. I also locked it so no one can post on it. So it's a place people can go view his profile the way he had it. I'm still linked and his wife and I hate when Facebook sends reminders about his birthday or our anniversary so I hid those as well. These features are great for non wids but a real kick in the face for those of us with lost loved ones.

Closing his credit cards and memberships was easier than Facebook. Maybe one day I'll be ready but these things seem to have their own time.