I miss being loved

I miss him everyday. I know he's not coming back and I missed being loved. You know what I mean. The look to each other, the touch, the smile, the pat on each other's butt 😊......all of it. The companionship, the taking care of each other, knowing we have each other's back...and well just all the rest that you know I don't even have to say. Just sayin'

• Like 12

That love. That familiarity. That history together. I haven't dreamed about Cindy for awhile. I had a wonderful dream with her in it last night,  so much of what you are talking about was included it. 

• Like 2

I truly miss the small details of everyday life: the tiny things done in a day that just takes a brief second and just used to make my heart soar. The touch of his hand looking for mine when we'd be driving...leaning on one another when we would watch tv...the quick caress and kiss I got when I would move making dinner and he got home...not wanting to wake up in the mornings and he's cuddle me tighter willing the morning to move slower...sitting in a restaurant and his hand would massage circles on my pulse point...the wink or single brow raise to me when our eyes meet across the room...the ready smile he always had with those cute dimples of his...

I truly miss these small gestures. I never realized how much I needed and cherished them until they were gone.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I feel the same way @BrokenHeart2. I miss the completeness that came with him. The security I felt no matter how hard things got. That I knew if things went south he'd be right beside me to ride out the storm. I knew him inside and out and he knew me for the good and bad yet there was love all the same. I don't have the same number of years with my husband that many others got but in the time we did have our history was rich. We lived every moment in the now. It's so great that so many of us got to have that and that also makes it tragic now that it's gone.

I'm dating again... but it's nothing like what is being described here. I tell myself it's early days, that I'm just learning how to do this again and I cannot compare 4 years of intimacy with a new relationship. But my husband taught me something important: To know what an awesome relationship is so I won't settle for less. That the kind of love he gave me is real and possible and while it will never be the same as my time with him I can hope in the future that maybe I could meet someone that can love me in that worthwhile way again. I never stop missing him and it takes all my mental willpower to avoid falling into the comparison trap.

Life is different. Knowing what awesome love feels like and not having it anymore is hard. But I push on.

• Like 6

On 8/24/2018 at 10:54 AM, KrypticKat said:

. But my husband taught me something important: To know what an awesome relationship is so I won't settle for less. That the kind of love he gave me is real and possible and while it will never be the same as my time with him I can hope in the future that maybe I could meet someone that can love me in that worthwhile way again. I never stop missing him and it takes all my mental willpower to avoid falling into the comparison trap.

This - the greatest gift my husband have me was unconditional love. But it's also the worst because  now I know what that feels like and I don't want to settle for anything less. 

• 4 weeks later...