My Wedding Ring - Where Did It Go?

Mac

I can't remember exactly when I removed my wedding ring. It was probably just over a year or so after Cindy passed. It's been six years now since she left this earth. And yet occasionally, I'll be walking out on a trail, and I'll have a sudden moment of concern, wondering what happened to my ring.

It is weird not to have one on anymore and I get confused too sometimes just as you described. I don't wear my wedding ring, engagement ring, or my anniversary band either. I transitioned to a fashionable silver ring for a time to wear on the left hand but my middle finger but more often I don't wear anything at all. 

• Like 1

i think my rings were finally and completely off my fingers a few months before the two year mark. I notice I’ve started wearing other rings instead, ones long-neglected in my jewelry box from before I was married. Maybe they keep me from feeling like my fingers are too ‘naked’? 

• Like 1

I wore my ring only a few times after Phil died. It hurt me more than it helped. To me it represented everything I lost. My life was forever changed, so I wanted to change the meaning of my ring too. I had my diamond solitaire set into the center of a custom white gold heart pendant. He'll always be a part of my heart. I love wearing my pendant. 

• Like 3

I had my ring and Christine's ring merged together into a new ring that I wear on my right hand. I do not wear it all the time but it is very nice to have. Her wedding ring was one of her most prized possessions and I did not want her ring to spend the rest of my life in a box on my dresser.

• Like 6

My wedding ring.....     My LH had found a jeweler he used.  My LH was an aircraft mechanic and the jeweler has his own little prop plane, so they could talk shop. Well, LH started getting me pieces here and there, nothing very expensive as that is not me. When he died, the jeweler's wife wrote me a card telling me the story of my LH taking my son, about age 5 and letting him pick something for me for Christmas. My son found something, and she looked over at my husband as it was more expensive, I guess, than he typically spent or something, and my LH said, "Wrap it up for your Momma!" She noted it was a sweet situation to observe, and she would never forget my LH because of it. I have since seen a similar commercial on tv like that!  She was kind to take the time to write me that story.

Well, I have my wedding ring and the jeweler has done a lot of repair work on it and other pieces. So, I want to have it made into something else and take another ring he got me and somehow design them together. I went in at about 4 yrs. to fix my watch, and I started to tell him what I wanted to do and burst into tears.  I am still waiting to go do it, but have to be able to do so.  <sigh>   

LH had his wedding band redone.  He designed it how he liked it. He could never wear it due to his job, though. So, I am keeping that band and maybe our son will want it just that way since it is a one of kind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1