Unsure...Moving on & Issues with "New Friends"

Drafter

Not sure what to think or say…It’s been a little over a year since my better half passed away. In some ways, as the saying goes, I have moved on, or ahead. In other ways I’m still taking things one day at a time. During this time (as I've mention on other post), I’ve managed to get most of my affairs in order and also find myself again.

Naturally for awhile I’ve reached out to friends both old and new (which is how I found myself on this site), for support. Now it seems I’ve found myself at a crossroads again...

With finding myself again I’ve started doing things that I did prior to meeting my better half. Nothing bad of course, manly getting involved with music, sports, (bowling, golf, band etc., etc…).

Not that I ever gave up  that stuff when my better half was around, I just did a lot less for the benefit of our relationship.

Well, with one of my “new friends”… this thing about finding myself again has become an issue… 🙁

It strange that I’m writing about this since one of the issues is “texting instead of talking” (I’m the guy that prefers to “TALK” and not text), and I guess that’s because I am a little old fashioned.

So, because I prefer to talk vs. texting "somehow I’ve changed". As you would expect when you meet a new friend, you spend time getting to know them but, after awhile you both realize we may not be compatible but we still keep in touch (just like I do with my old friends) however, we don’t see each other as often as we would like (again just like my old friends).

As you may have guessed not seeing each other is another part, or perhaps the root of the issue.

Just wondering if this is something to fix or let go? Like I said I just don’t know what to think or say anymore… 😟

Edited by Drafter
grammer

Stick with talking instead of texting - or writing for that matter 'cause I think you lost me. What are you saying? You'd rather talk and this is causing an issue?  :)

Seriously, do whatever is comfortable for you. Either she gets you or doesn't and she will choose to work with you or not. Either way, you have your answer. If you have to work very, very hard just to be together, it may not be worth it. A woman that is interested in you will find a way to free her schedule up so that you fit in - (for that matter, so will a guy for you ladies.)

Good luck - Mike

Well I would think if I became friends with someone that preferred to talk instead of text then resorted to text, I would want to know why??.  Just be honest if whatever media you choose to let her/him know.  In my opinion it should be by talk always as hard is it would be honest either way.