What's Your Playlist?

Mac

Some friends of mine just returned from a memorial service. I had met the woman before, she was super nice. She passed away at age 54, one year younger than Cindy.

Her memorial service included music and dancing, I really like the idea of that!

I shared this with my daughter and her husband when I picked them up at the airport last night.

Her response, "Dad, what's your playlist?"2764.png❤️

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My plan is for my family to have a wake that will include all of my favorite songs.  I hope my spirit and my husband's spirit will be able sit around the tables and enjoy hearing the music again and hearing their responses to what my favorites were.  I need to get started on that list.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Our funeral director suggested creating a playlist for use during the viewing and service. It was cathartic for my daughter and I... choosing his favorites as well as songs that had special meaning to each of us. We ended with “In A-Gadda-Davida”.  Many of his friends and family enjoyed the distraction the music brought to such an emotional gathering. 

• Like 1

Love this.

My LH died on a Friday morning vehicle accident, visitation on Sunday and funeral on Monday. Whirlwind and a walking body was me.  In shock.  In a course of events, my MIL picked out every song as I was dealing with something else.  My LH was a classic rock DJ for a bit, and it did not fit well to have only traditional old hymns.  I did, however, get our only two nephews to sing "I'll Fly Away" as they had at my father's funeral. My LH loved that and had it on his play list. IT was upbeat and people still tell me they loved it. 

2 years later, a woman from church died after her 3 round of cancer. Kids my son's age and younger.  They had time to plan it. They played several songs, had the most beautiful program with pictures, quotes and stories, and then led out the service with dancing to the "Oh When the Saints Go Marching In."  I always wondered how much she planned her funeral. 

Edited by tybec