almost 5 years out

Hello all! Id like to re introduce myself.

I was once a YWBB member. It was a place that I found the only people in this world that could understand what I was going through as of November 3rd 2013 when I lost my sweet wife. During those days, I was in absolute shock and losing my mind. I was a 36 year old guy. Just bought our first home, had our second little girl and then that was it. 3 months after giving birth to our second daughter, my wife went out on a walk on sunday novermber 3rd 2013 and told me she be back home 30 minutes later. She told me that dinner was thawing in the sink that that she put the baby to bed and our oldest who was 3 and a half years old was playing in her room. She left for her walk and my last words to her were, " ok babe seen you in a bit". My last view of her was as she walked down the hall way wearing a pink hoodie, black yoga pants and her I phone ear buds on. I never spoke to her again. She had a massive cardiac arrest. That was the last time I ever spoke to my baby girl. almost 5 years later, I look back and realize how much me and my daughters have been through and how not one night has gone by that I don't think of her and wish her back. To this day I miss my baby so much and would gladly ive my life up for her to be here with our girls. As a single father I have learned so many lessons through out the past 4.5 years. Anyways, the reason I make this post is to share my story and to reconnect with the community that welcomed me and embraced me during the worst days of my life. The days were I didn't want to live, yet I couldn't give up because of our two little girls. I love you all.

JS

• Like 4

JS so sorry for your loss. Its 6-1/2 years for me. I think of my husband every day too. My children were 5 and 2 then. They have grown quite a bit since then. We have learned how to function as a family without a dad although it is very hard sometimes. My heart breaks for them every time I see them grieve. Single parenting is a huge task. 

I have met over the years two young adults who shared that they lost one of their parents at a young age. They calmed my fears of growing up without one of your parents. They were well adjusted, responsible young adults. I was grateful they shared as they gave me hope for the future.

My best to you and your children,

Eileen 

• Like 1