I lost my job today

rooshy

Ok - this afternoon, I received this from United Healthcare:

Dear Stephanie,

Your skills and qualifications are impressive and we very much appreciate the time and interest you have placed in exploring a career with us.  Unfortunately, we will not be able to consider you for this position at this time.  While we are no longer considering you for this specific position, your interest in exploring what’s next for you within our company is important to us.

Please visit our Careers website at careers.unitedhealthgroup.com to view additional opportunities with us. Also, we have online chat available and during those sessions, you can chat with recruiters about the positions or areas of the company where you have an interest. Click on this link for the chat schedule: https://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/getting-hired/recruiter-chat.

When you are out on our careers website, consider completing the Network With Us form so you can get monthly insight into news and career opportunities with our organization.

If you have applied for other positions, we will continue to review your qualifications and will keep you informed about your status for those other positions.  Please feel free to log in to our candidate portal to check on your status for any other positions to which you may have applied. You can view a list of all positions applied to from your profile by clicking into the tab "My Jobpage" and sub tab "My Submissions".  To view your status on a completed application, refer to the Submission Status for more information.

Again, we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply with UnitedHealth Group. We hope to see your name among the candidates for other positions in the future. It’s the first step in finding an opportunity that could very well lead to your life’s best work.SM

Best regards,
Talent Acquisition

Honestly, I can't tell if this a true rejection because it has a tone of "We want you but this position would not work.  Please apply for other jobs within the company", or the generic "Thanks, but no thanks and best wishes".   And yes, my first name is Stephanie😀

However, last week I applied for a position at my former employer, Anthem, and I listed myself as a rehire.  Yesterday, I received an email from an Anthem recruiter asking for more personal information because HR couldn't find me in their system.  I'm hoping that means that they're interested!

Ok, this is an update on last week.  I interviewed with Aetna, which went well; interviewed with a radiology group and tested for the state. The Aetna position would have been for a "health Concierge", basically a glorified customer service position but I would be working with the clients from start to finish with their problem.  The two managers that I interviewed with were very nice and I think i have a good chance with this.   The benefits are very good and room to advance - something I haven't had in a while! 

I don't think that I will get the job with the radiology group - they're looking for a person to work part time at scanning their documents into their current EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system before they switch to their hospital's billing system - that makes me think that this is a temporary job as well.  I am overqualified and, if I were the office manager, I wouldn't pick someone who would receive a better offer.  

My test for the state did not go well.  I passed the first part of the exam but failed the second part by two questions.  The job was for deciphering who receives SSA disability benefits from the state of Ohio.  I think I dodged a bullet with this one because I would have had to work 120 claims per week and finish all of those claims by Friday afternoon.  I would not be able to work any overtime or work from home after hours, and I would have been expected to help coworkers with their workload as well.  No wonder the online employee reviews were all bad!

I have an interview this Wednesday with United Health Care for a credentialing position.  I would enjoy this job because I did credentialing from my behavioral health group and very familiar with it.  Credentialing is the process of enrolling a provider(s) into a health insurance company.  The United Health Care office is in a part of Columbus that I've worked in previously so it's in familiar territory. 

I really do appreciate all of your support and being my listening board through all of this.  I hope to have a job soon😁

I think I might have a job but am a little confused by this:  Yesterday I interviewed with Buckeye Health Plan, a health insurance company here in Columbus (interview was set up by a staffing agency) and yesterday afternoon the staffing agency recruiter called me to say the insurance company wants to 'move forward' with background checks, etc. I received several emails afterward, all from the staffing agency, congratulating me on my new position, but I have no offer letter, pay rate, or even a start date with the insurance company. I emailed my recruiter asking him if there are benefits and if I'm employed by the staffing agency vs the insurance company. I don't even know if this a temp-to-hire situation.  The description given was this was a contract job but no set time for the work duration. I haven't heard back from the recruiter, so I'm a little suspicious about this. Would you trust this staffing agency? I have the feeling that this recruiter has his commission so he's moved on to the next person and forgotten about me.  If you're familiar with the Columbus, Ohio area, Buckeye Health Plan is located at Easton.

On the other hand, I had a great interview with United Health Care on Wednesday morning.  It was with both the hiring manager and her boss.  They both said that they liked my energy and I should hear something by the end of this coming week or the early part of the following week.  I really, really, really want this job with UHC.  It's close to my home and  UHC is a stable company with very few complaints.