SE WI/NO IL BAGO DINNER - October 20, 2018

patswife22

I knew this is quite early but thought I would throw this out there.  Some veteran wids are planning a dinner bago from the SE WI/Northern IL area.  Of course, anyone is encouraged to attend.  The date is Saturday October 20th.  Venue has not been decided as yet as we want to see if we can get a group together.  If you have never attended a bago, don't hesitate to come.  I was at that stage and I can tell you it was worth it.  Met some fabulous people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

StillHereWI, never feel like you don't belong.  I was widowed at age 51.  I found this one site........young widows bulletin board.  It has since been disbanded and strangely this one kind of took it's place.  Anyway, I chatted with a lot of people younger than me, my age and some older than me.  We were all there because of ONE thing.  We all lost someone.  My husband has been gone 12 years.  I've endured a lot since he was gone.  Way too many too mention.  So keep coming back.  By the way, where in Wisconsin are you?  I am near the Milwaukee area.  

Edited by patswife22
word was misspelled

I have to say that things do get better.  I still hurt and I know that I will forever but daily life is better. What usually hits me hard are the online photo albums that prompt me to "remember this day from...". I see the pictures and think, yes I remember.

I went to a group for people looking to take the next step (which I think I am ready to do). The next youngest in the room was 80. Not to be rude, but I can see why they were ready to date again. They didn't have much time left. 

I am near Burlington and work in Milwaukee.