Homecoming week at HS

rooshy

This has been Homecoming at my son's high school and every day has had a theme.  Tuesday was "Dress Like Your Dad Day".  My son is now 16 and lost his dad at age 8, I wasn't sure how he would handle it or even remember how his dad dressed.  He did fine  that day - he wore a tan shirt and khaki pants.  I know it sounds silly but I really proud of the way he handled it.   

• Like 7

PROUD FOR YOU, ROOSHY.   Glad your son took the bull by the horns.

I, too, have a hard time at these events. My son's elementary school did Donuts with Dads.  My neighbor of 17 yrs. took him several years after his dad died. I hated it had to happen like that.  My friend has her child at a private school, and they changed it to DUDES and donuts, so her son can take any male as his dad lives 3 hours away due to divorcing.  They are kinda archaic now, and schools should know.

My son's school had homecoming week, and they were clever, I think.  Superheros versus villains.  Country versus country club.  Scholars vs. ballers. Fiesta or siesta?  (Party wear or PJs).  They made tie dye after school one day, and that is for today.  No parent references. I know so many grandparents rearing children, again, I think they would change things.

AGAIN, happy for you.

• Like 1

Our homecoming is next week. It's all Disney themed. Monday is sleeping beauties so wear your pjs. Tuesday is movie themed and my kid has LILO and Stitch. Wednesday is wear Disneyland/world stuff. Thursday is color and my kid has Finding Dory blue. Friday is school spirit wear. My daughter hasn't decided if she wants to go to the dance yet. 

• Like 2