Today is one month

Hi, Julia,

It isn't going to get easier for awhile.  But talk to him...channel his memory to yourself.  If it comforts you to imagine the conversation you might have with him...then talk all you want.  Just 10 days or so ago, I pulled up a chair at the cemetery where I buried my first husband 9 years ago and I talked as if he could hear me.  9 years...a couple of lifetimes, really...and I just wanted to talk to him.  I think he listened, because I left feeling less sad and less burdened.  Does it matter if this makes sense to anyone else?  Nope.  It helped me...and that is what matters.

Hugs,

Maureen

I also journaled to my LH. A lot in my first year. I typed it out in an ongoing word document. It's nearly a book. It really helped me work out my feelings and problems and made me feel better. I'm 2 1/2 years out and write once in awhile now. 

I'm so sorry - I remember how tough and heart wrenching the first months were. Please take good care of yourself.  I used to "will" myself to see him standing in front of me and think about what I'd say (even a few years out). Talking to him sounds very therapeutic. I'm almost 7 years out now but things have felt better for me over time - I still miss him but the pain of it isn't even close to the early days.