I have a new job!!

rooshy

My other thread "I lost my job today"  has become very long so I wanted to save me fellow widdas some time to announce I have a new job!!  I was offered a credentialing position this morning from United Health Care.  The office will be about 15 minutes away from my home and my kids' schools.  It will be an hourly position and more money than the lost job!  I start the 29th and and excited!

• Like 6

Thanks everyone for hanging out with me on this!  I have passed the educational and drug test/TB test, but UHC still needs to verify my employment background with my last employer and one part of my criminal background check.  I am excited and I have no criminal history but this is anxiety producing!   UHC is serious when they say they only want the best and that I'll "be doing my life's best work".  

On the other hand, the bright spot in this unemployment is that I've gotten my confidence back.  My supervisor at my last job found fault with everything I did.  I'm sure that if she watched me use the restroom she'd spot a mistake there, too.  I never received a review or raise for this year either.  I was yelled at all the time.  Who'd want to put up with that?  I have to drive by the office on the way home and I've noticed that one of my former coworkers (at least her jeep) hasn't been in the parking lot for about a month.  I've also read a few articles from business magazines and realized how toxic that office actually was.  I'm glad not to be there anymore but anxious to get started at UHC.😃

Ok, Update.  I have cleared all of the background checks except my former employer, who let me go back in August, that needs to verify my employment with their organization.  I realize that I'm now a former employee but it would take 5 minutes to do this with the new employer's partner, First Advantage and for whatever reason, have not done it yet.  I have lived up to my end of the severance agreement and have not trashed my former company, or even mentioned what happened, on my social media.  This website is the only place online that I've talked about it and even then, I haven't given any names or company name.  I am just frustrated.  Maybe they have seller's remorse....😝