Young Widow Forum

Register to view blogs.

SunshineFL

Tampa Bay Area, Florida - 10Nov2018

Hi Widda Friends!

We on our widowed journey know all too well that starting to engage in social activities and recreating life after profound loss can be such a challenge.  Walking into new social environments solo when you are accustomed to having your partner by your side takes such bravery.  Making sure there are people on the other side of those new doors that are welcoming and understanding is so helpful.  Many of you may know that I am a volunteer co-organizer for a local "W" meetup group that currently has about 225 members. With that mission in mind, we've scheduled a meetup get-together that helps bridge the divide between those gentle days of navigating our new lives after loss and being comfortable in new social situations - food, drinks, kind people and a guided art painting healing group session - and for an added bonus, are hosting it at a gorgeous spot in nature with open Gulf water views ... and you are invited! 

Some members of the local meetup group are members here online, too, so we decided to see if anyone from Widda who was in Florida that day would like to join in and connect, too! Would be so nice to get to meet in person and turn virtual friends into IRL friends - we all need more good friends.  No art or creative skills required!  Happy Hour - Food - Fun - Friends in Nature - Playing with Paint! Does it really get any better?!  🌴🎨🌅

"Beach Art & Happy Hour for the Healing Heart"

Saturday, 10 November 2018

2:30pm - Sunset (5:30pm) ET

For all the info, PM me here directly or check out https://www.creatingucoaching.com/about/healing-events/ for all the details and how to RSVP.

We reserved a spot that is centrally located in the greater Tampa Bay area: Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota, Bradenton, Anna Maria Island, Venice, Brandon, and not a bad drive from Lakeland, The Villages and Orlando – with a gorgeous open water view of the Skyway Bridge to the open Gulf waters. Can you just close your eyes and envision how spectacular the sunset will be from there?!

Wishing everyone goodness ... hope to see you soon.

💜 -G. (SunshineFL)

I so wish I was there with you on that date! It sounds like so much fun! 💜

Meeting other wids is hard to describe. You just get it and there is instant understanding. I'm not new in this journey, just over 6 years out, but I still need my wids, and still connect with many new wid friends, even to this day. 😊

• Like 1

I wish I could make it to FL for this get together and for another weekend visit.. Nextime 

• Like 1