Cancer and my husband’s pajamas

hopon

My beloved husband has been gone for 10 years. Seeing that in print is shocking. 

My kids were 15, 11 and 7 when he passed away and now they are all grown up and out on their own leaving me an empty nester. 

6 months ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I’ve had surgery and chemotherapy. 

This diagnosis and treatment has made me long for my husband. I just wish he were here with me. I am lying here in bed with his pajamas that still have his smell after all these years. I miss him so very much. 

• Like 2

Hugs! I cannot imagine having to go through cancer alone. I think you might long for the strength and support he would have given you. I know I thought of it when I had my hysterectomy earlier this year but I had my sister there and it was comforting knowing I wasn't actually alone. Take care of yourself.

Hi, hopon. 

My heart goes out to you!  My first husband died 9 years ago and my second husband died almost 5 years ago. I was diagnosed with cancer just after the death of my second husband. It is difficult to face this on your own. I hope you find comfort in your husband’s pajamas. My husband didn’t have any 😏 but I did sleep with his pillow. 

Maureen

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...