Elle

A little over a year now since my LH passed and thinking about what will be in store for 2019. In 2018 I had an unexpected event.  Besides recovering from the loss of my LH in October 2017, last May I broke my wrist while dismounting a bicycle on a gravel bike path.  The accident resulted into two surgeries and six months recovery time.  Some may think this as a catastrophe.  But, actually the six months gave me time to think, relax, and do home projects (with one hand).  I could not drive for nearly a month and adjusted by taking public transportation.  I boosted my culinary skills, enjoyed time with my pets and being outdoors in my garden.  I had a few visitors from old friends and my adult son helped me out when needed.  The time was used wisely by having a few maintenance jobs done on my house; including having a demolition crew taking down my old garage.   I drew up a will with my lawyer.  I returned to work once I recovered from the therapy and surgeries.  I could have retired but have not made up my mind exactly when I will take a break from the work world.  There is an awful statistic of people who retire from my workplace and die shortly afterwards!  Many have died in their 60s; including my late husband!   I am kind of scared of this curse.

Another thing I held off on, was to have a gravestone made. I still have my LH's ashes.   Haven’t done any work on that yet.  Will attempt to in 2019.

Forget about dating, I am a bit intimidated and exhausted reading Match.com prospective dates.  I need more time.  Actually, I’d rather meet people who share same interests as me in other ways.

Wishing everyone here a Happy Christmas. Hope you are able to enjoy the holidays with those important to you.

• Like 2