Today is his birthday

BrokenHeart2

So today is his 59th birthday.  He died at 53 yrs old.  His son is 31 today and down south with his GF's family.  Nobody has acknowledged it today except his son when I wished him a happy birthday he said he's having a beer for Dad.  That's it, nobody else.  It's been 5.5 yrs and I guess ...........it is what it is.  I spoke with a recent widower today, his wife, my friend, died in August and he didn't really want to "go there".   Yeah ok..... whatever.  I'm really getting tired of being there for others when nobody wants to bother being there for me.  Maybe they are thinking it's been enough time that I should be "over it".  It all just really sucks is all.

Hugs.

Thinking of you ❤️ My dh’s B-day still leaves me out of sorts. I was so happy his dad called this year because otherwise it’s pretty much a non-event for the rest of the world. I get it, it’s just sad to watch him disappearing more each year. 

Sorry - I know, it feels hurtful when it seems like others forget. I think a lot of people don't want to think about it as it makes them feel sad. I think its ok to feel sad (to get those feelings out) and on my Dh's birthday my son and I look into the sky and sing happy birthday....and I get teary, but its important that we take time to remember and honor them, even if for a brief moment.

Edited by Captains wife