Hello

Cae

I'm not in VT or NH, but we do have a couple of people in those states that have joined in gatherings in Connecticut and Massachusetts.  And Maine, too.

Keep an eye out for future get-togethers if you are interested.  I don't know of any currently planned, but we do try to advertise them here if we decide we are getting antsy to have a widowbago (or bago for short).

Maureen

• Like 1

Hi, Cae. 

The group that is loosely based in southern New England typically gets together for afternoon bagos on weekends. The last time we got together in December, it was at my house just south of Springfield, MA. However, some of us got together last September for a weekend on the southern Maine coast. 

I have the travel bug, and I have been to many get-togethers that we call bagos (there is a story about how that term was coined) across the country and in Canada and Australia as well. I have met with just 2 or 3 others - all the way up to 25 or more. Most have not been huge gatherings. The last one at my house had perhaps 7 people. 

As RIFF said, you can post something in your area - perhaps meeting at a restaurant -and watch for responses from others. Feel free to PM me if you want. 

Maureen

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 10:46 PM, Cae said:

tonight is the first night I noticed  the widowbago meetings. When you get together, is it just for a  hours? Or a whole weekend event? And how often do u get together?

Hi Cae,

Depending on how far people have to travel, the get-togethers may be for just a few hours, or, as stated by others, they may involved an overnight stay. I personally prefer smaller gatherings, as those provide the best opportunities for visiting! I'm one of the re-married wids. My husband (a widower from this group) loves to cook, so we have been known to go to people's houses and take over their kitchen. haha. I don't check the site as often as I used to, so feel free to private message me if you get a date/place in mind.

DonnaP (and MrDrew)