Widowed Jan 16, 2019.

What can I expect?  He's been gone less than a month & I've already lost 7 pounds.  Didn't weigh very much to begin with, and am now down to 100 lbs.

Cannot force myself to eat.  Zero appetite, all tastes like paper.

Has anyone experienced this?  Please tell me what, if anything, I can do to restore my appetite.

Edited by powbesh

On 2/6/2019 at 8:41 AM, powbesh said:

What can I expect?  He's been gone less than a month & I've already lost 7 pounds.  Didn't weigh very much to begin with, and am now down to 100 lbs.

Cannot force myself to eat.  Zero appetite, all tastes like paper.

Has anyone experienced this?  Please tell me what, if anything, I can do to restore my appetite.

Hi Powbesh,

I experienced similar lost like 30 pounds in first 2-3 months but i was overweight so was not an issue. I ensured I eat fruits and drunk water. I drank alcohol at night and helped me to eat but not asking you to try that as everyone is different. Best is to consult doctor as their are trained for this.

Hugs

• Like 1

powbesh,

7 lbs for a small person is alot. That being said, this will probably not continue. Loss of apetite is totally normal, but your body will not put up with it for long. It is early days for you, and you are drowning in wave after wave and struggling for a breath right now. The best thing to do is to not panic, and just try to save your strength so you can breath when you get the chance. 

Listen to your body, and try not to be so hard on yourself. Drink water. Not alcohol. When you have the energy to get clean, take a bath. If you can eat, eat. If you can't, and you feel weak, drink some supplemental type drinks. If your feelings change from apathy to active thoughts of hurting yourself, please seek help. Otherwise, these feelings are normal. 

It may be some time before you actually enjoy a meal. But you will. I promise.

• Like 1

Yesterday i dragged myself to the grocery store.  It was like trying to wade through neck-deep water.  My legs didn''t carry me.....I dragged them along!

But I made it.  And I came home and forced myself to eat a Stouffer's Mac & Cheese.  Plug for Stouffer's completely unintended.  It tasted as much like

paper as anything else I've eaten.  

Am drinking wine, perhaps a bit too much, but am also drinking water & Boost.

All of you on this site have been supportive & helpful & I hope to be able to help others assuming I survive this dark swamp of misery.

• Like 1

You absolutely will survive this dark swamp.  I just went through most of what you've posted and I see real progress.

The most obvious sign of progress to my eye is that you "hope to be able to help others".  A noble purpose gives meaning to life.  You are 1/2 way there.  Hold onto that attitude  

• Like 4