FEB. 14 - Came and went

tybec

Another one passed by.  I used to have such great difficulty.  I would write a note about it and get nice responses on FB.  I have had some incredible Valentine's days , and then mediocre.  I received red roses from NG, which are beautiful, but he had his kids for 2 hours on his off weekend time,  and we will do something tomorrow night.  It is good not to be such a hard time but it used to be. It can get easier. My LH died in Jan., so this was the first holiday afterwards.  So glad to not be in the depths of sadness.  Just hold on if you are new to this.  😃

Edited by tybec
  • Like 3

Thank you, tybec, for those words of hope. I am new to this. My husband died last month, & I am still shattered & feeling beyond repair.  But when I read the words from you & others who have been where I am now, it encourages me to hang on and give it more time. Our 35th anniversary will be this Monday (Feb 18th) & I'm braced for the unbearable pain I know awaits me. 

Same old Valentines day for me, never cared alot about it. DH wasn't much in the Hallmark holiday department, so I never had great expectations of the day. My birthday is the day before so that made it a little worse. This year NG had knee surgery on the 12th so I was prepared for both days to be even more mediocre than ever, but NG suprised me by getting me a card and a gift ahead of time! Then we watched Lady and the Tramp!  OK, sounds lame as I write it, but it was cute and fun and a nice way to spend my birthday. 

• Like 4

dh always made it special, but the only jerk I was with since his death 12 yrs ago did NOTHING! (thank goodness he is gone from my life)

Besides the anniversary of dh's passing was just 4 days before valentines, and I no longer have a valentines, so the sadness and loneliness just thicken, sigh.....

Edited by sudnlysngl